Portobello Pizza Bites. Portobello Pizzas have ALL the flavours of a GOOD pizza…without the guilt! Gently clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Using portobello mushrooms as a base makes these low carb while also eliminating any of the fuss that often comes with making pizza dough.
Remove the stems, chop them up, and add to your omelette in the morning. Toss mushroom caps with a few gluggs of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, spread out on a lightly greased baking Portobello Mushroom Pizza Bites. I really did want to make portobello pizzas because I have a thing for mushrooms and wanted to make pizza night a bit more wholesome and plant-based. You can cook Portobello Pizza Bites using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza Bites
- It’s of Large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- You need of Your favorite tomato sauce.
- Prepare of Shredded mozzarella.
- You need of Leftover meatballs (optional).
Even though pizza with traditional crust is fine, especially when laden with lycopene-rich tomato sauce and loads of veggies and nutritional yeast, it's still like eating bread. They are so good and give me a healthy alternative to satisfy my pizza cravings! Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Portobello Pizza Bites instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F..
- Wash or wipe down your mushrooms. Remove the stems, chop them up, and add to your omelette in the morning..
- Toss mushroom caps with a few gluggs of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, spread out on a lightly greased baking sheet lined with foil..
- Put a spoonful of tomato sauce in each. Here, you can get creative! I put spaghetti sauce and leftover meatballs..
- Bake for 15-20 mins..
- Take out. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 5 mins or until cheese has browned on the top. Enjoy!!.
Dress the mushroom caps with liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and toss with with oil, salt, and pepper. I can eat them all the time! Think of them like super healthy bagel bites. You know those frozen crappy mini pizzas?, but these are actually delicious and good for you!