BP's Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza. Deliver the gift of Lou Malnati's pizza. Whether you prefer Chicago- or Detroit-style, the best deep dish pizza pans come in a variety of materials and shapes. The right pan for your home will depend on the type of pizza you want to make.
You know hit is getting old at this point. Deep dish is not Chicago style. Chicago style is thin crist cut in squares. You can cook BP's Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza using 22 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BP's Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza
- Prepare of crust.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of ready to rise yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of slightly warm water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of MELTED butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of SOFTENED butter.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil for coating.
- Prepare of filling.
- You need 4 oz of pepperoni (I used lg thin slices).
- Prepare 8 oz of Italian sausage.
- You need 8 oz of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green pepper diced (optional).
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms (optional).
- You need 6 oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 3 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- It’s jar of spaghetti sauce.
Crispy enough you can hold it with one hand to not fall. This whole thing is BS with the damn Deep dish. Either put REAL Chicago style pizza up for people to vote on, or don't make these damn threads. Deep dish pizza, also known as Chicago-style pizza, is a specific type of pizza that originates in the city of Chicago.
BP's Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza instructions
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and yeast in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment..
- Give those ingredients a quick toss with your mixer on low or with a large wooden spoon.
- Add the warm water and 1/4 cup of melted butter..
- On low speed, beat (or stir) the dough ingredients until everything begins to be moistened..
- Continuing on low speed (or remove from the bowl and knead by hand if you do not own a mixer), beat the dough until it is soft and supple and gently pulls away from the sides of the bowl and falls off of the dough hook- about 4-5 minutes..
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form into a ball. Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning it around so that all sides of the dough are coated in the oil. Cover the bowl tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm environment for 1-2 hours or until double in size..
- Lightly flour a large work surface. Remove dough from the bowl, set the bowl and aluminum foil aside (to use later). Gently punch down the dough to remove any air bubbles and roll the dough into a large 15×12 rectangle..
- Spread 1/4 cup of softened butter on top of the dough. Roll it up lengthwise. Fold and put back into bowl. Cover with aluminum foil and allow to rise in the refrigerator for 1 hr until puffy.
- After the dough ball has risen in the refrigerator, it should be puffy. Roll it out on a lightly floured work surface, working it into a 12-inch circle. Using your rolling pin as a guide… place over a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Using your fingers, press the dough into the skillet. Make sure it is nice and tight fitting inside the skillet. Trim any excess dough off the edges with a small knife. Brush the top edges of the dough with a little olive oil, which gives the crust a beautiful sheen..
- Take sausage and form into small balls and cook until brown…drain and set aside.
- Take raw ground beef and mix with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, 1tablespoon salt. Form into little balls and cook until brown…drain and set aside.
- Take all veggies (if used) and sauté with a small amount of olive oil until tinder.
- Take tomato paste and mix with spaghetti sauce…set aside.
- Now to build your pizza… add shredded cheese an even layer of pepperoni and next sausage/meat balls in one even layer.
- If sautéed veggies was used mix with sauce pour evenly on top of pie…top with more parmesan and place in oven at 420°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven let sit for 5 minutes…transfer pie to plate slice and enjoy.
The unique preparation and pan in which it is baked gives the pizza high edges allowing for large amounts of cheese and sauce. Find the best Chicago Deep Dish Pizza near you on Yelp – see all Chicago Deep Dish Pizza open now and reserve an open table. Perhaps the most famous of the Chicago style pizzas, the deep dish pizza has helped the Chicago pizza become legendary. The crust holds thick layers of mozzarella cheese and thick, chunky-style sauce that has helped make the pizza so well known. A form of deep dish pizza, you'll want to keep an eye out for this bad boy.