Deep Dish Taco Pizza. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! I make my own deep dish dough, and add all the regular taco toppings once the pizza is out of the oven and cooled (lettuce, tomato, olives, green onion, and avocado) and served with salsa.
The thick tasty crust can handle lots of toppings, so load it up for a bright, fun meal. Fit the pizza into the oiled cast-iron skillet, pressing the edges to make a deep-dish-type crust. Remove the pizza from the oven, top with the beans and ground beef and sprinkle with the Cheddar. You can cook Deep Dish Taco Pizza using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deep Dish Taco Pizza
- You need 1 lb of ground round or ground turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion or frozen chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of (4oz or less) chilies, drained.
- You need 1 can of (15oz) diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt free taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of (10oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough. Pillsbury.
- You need 1 cup of or (4oz) shredded reduced fat shard cheddar or part skim mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 of cooking spray.
- You need 1 of salsa (optional).
- You need 1 of reduced fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt (optional).
While I might not want taco flavors on my potato chips, I'm totally ok with taco flavors on my pizza. This Deep Dish Taco Pizza is a fun twist on a classic pizza, and it's super easy to make! Instead of traditional pizza sauce, refried beans mixed with taco sauce form the base for this taco pizza. Spoon beef mixture over pizza crust dough.
Deep Dish Taco Pizza instructions
- preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook meat and onion in a large non stick skillet over med-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well and return meat to skillet..
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies and seasoning. Cook over med-high heat until throughly heated, then set aside.
- Spray 13×9 inch baking dish thoughly..
- unroll pizza crust dough and press into bottom and halfway up the sides of dish. Spoon meat mixture over pizza crust dough..
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts and edges of crust are browned..
Deep-Dish Taco Pizza to be exact. This was a favorite meal for my family when I was growing up. It was a regular in my mom's meal rotation and it was always met with smiles and clean plates. The best thing about it, besides the ease in which it goes together, is the way you can customize it to fit your families tastes. Add the tomato sauce and taco sauce and stir until combined.