Greek Pizza. This is the best Greek Pizza!! Used fresh tomatoes & basil from the garden.. Order Greek's pizza, pasta, sandwiches & more online for carryout or delivery.
Top with chicken, spinach, onion, olives, cheeses and remaining lemon-pepper seasoning. In the cuisine of the United States, Greek pizza is a style of pizza crust and preparation where the pizza is proofed and cooked in a metal pan rather stretched to order and baked on the floor of the pizza oven. A shallow pan is used, unlike the deep pans used in Sicilian-American, Chicago, or Detroit-styled pizzas. You can cook Greek Pizza using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Pizza
- You need 1 of pre-baked pizza crust.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- It’s 4 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of feta.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flavored olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 2 cup of baby spinach.
- It’s 1/2 small of Red onion, thinly sliced.
Its crust is typically spongy, airy, and light, like focaccia but not as thick. Homemade Greek pizza featuring feta, roasted red peppers, artichokes, olive and basil! This is a delicious weeknight meal made with pantry ingredients. Feel free to toss on some chopped red onion (¼ cup or so) if that sounds good to you.
Greek Pizza step by step
- Heat oven to 450°F..
- Mix together yogurt, garlic and half of the feta. Spread over pizza crust..
- Top crust with tomatoes, olives and oregano..
- Bake for 10 minutes..
- Toss spinach and onion with flavored oil. (I used garlic hot pepper. You can also use the oil that comes in the sun dried tomatoes. ).
- Top hot pizza with spinach mixture and rest of feta..
- Bake for 2 minutes. Let set for 2 minutes before slicing. Enjoy! :-).
Brush pizza dough evenly with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle evenly with oregano, basil, thyme (leaving rim uncovered with herbs) and season lightly with salt and pepper. Greek Pizza is topped with feta, spinach, and olives for a colorful meal with Mediterranean inspiration. This is a white pizza that is simply brushed with olive oil (no red sauce) – a fun way to mix up pizza night! Friday is pizza night at our house and this Greek-inspired pie is one of our latest favorites.