Gyro Burger. Recipe by: Chef Kenneth "This is a Greek/American lamb and beef mixture version of the traditional Greek pork or lamb Gyros (or Gyro). Serve on warm pita bread with tzatziki sauce, and thinly sliced onion, tomato and lettuce." This is not your ordinary hamburger! If you like hamburgers and you love Gyro sandwiches, then you may enjoy this combination of those two ideas.
Normally you don't want to shape or mix the meat too much as it makes it denser, but with this one you can mix a little more than usual to get the denser quality you'll find in a gyro. The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger) is a juicy tasty burger recipe that tastes just like a gyro! An easy to make unique burger with all the Greek flavors you love! You can have Gyro Burger using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gyro Burger
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground lamb.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice.
This grilled lamb burger is sugar-free, gluten free, low carb, and keto too! Up your grilling game this summer with a burger that's sure to impress—i.e. a Gyro Burger. Inspired by the classic Greek sandwich, we've upgraded ground beef with bold seasoning and a new home inside of a pita pocket, rather than typical sesame bun, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, and generous drizzle of toasty tahini sauce. Before assembling, wrap your pita rounds in a.
Gyro Burger step by step
- Lightly oil a preheated grill/griddle over medium heat..
- Combine the ground beef & lamb, the onion & garlic powder, and breadcrumbs..
- Add the oregano, pepper, cumin, sage, and allspice..
- Using your hands, knead the mixture together, until well blended..
- Divide and shape the mixture into 8 patties..
- Cook the patties for 6-10 minutes, depending on the wellness that you like..
My family has been experimenting with traditional gyro recipes lately, and I just had to make an easy weeknight version. These gyro burgers are a household favorite. Made from ground lamb and authentic spices, these can be dressed up with Greek favorites like feta and kalamata olives, but they pack such a punch of zesty flavor on their own, that you can eat them any way you please. Follow Alton Brown's Food Network recipe to make Gyro Meat with Tzatziki Sauce at home; the creamy cucumber-yogurt sauce goes perfectly with ground lamb. Gyros & Burgers "For over a year, I've seen reviews rave about this spot where they serve gyros and burgers.