Hamburger Soup. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water. This is an excellent basic soup.
It's meaty and hearty and flavorful and satisfying. It just feels good to eat it. A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. You can have Hamburger Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Soup
- You need 2 T of EVOO.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery, halved lengtgwise abd sliced.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 4 c of beef stock.
- You need 3 T of coconut flour.
I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers.
Hamburger Soup instructions
- In large skillet heat oil. Cook onion, carrots, pepper and celery stirring until starts soften..
- Add beef and cook 3 min. until barely pink. Add seasoning and salt and cook 1 min..
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in coconut flour and simmer for 10 min. or until veggies are softened..
Hamburger Soup is a quick and easy meal loaded with vegetables, lean beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes. It's great made ahead of time, budget friendly, reheats well and freezes perfectly. We serve this easy Hamburger Soup with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread for the perfect meal! I love a good soup as a weeknight meal. This soup can be made in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top.