Homemade Pizza Crust. The best pizza crust recipe that I have ever made! This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find.
Pizza dough is the foundation and every great pizza begins with a great pizza crust. Some like thin and crisp pizza crust, while others prefer thick and soft pizza crust. This homemade pizza crust has it all: soft & chewy with a delicious crisp and AWESOME flavor. You can cook Homemade Pizza Crust using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza Crust
- You need 6 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 4 tsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of very warm water 120 to 130° F.
- It’s 6 tbsp of vegetable oil or olive oil.
Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. This step allows you more schedule flexibility; it also develops the crust's flavor.
Homemade Pizza Crust step by step
- COMBINE most of the ﬂour, and all the yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl..
- Add water and oil. Mix until well blended; about 1 minute. Gradually add, enough remaining flour until soft dough ball is formed. Dough will be slightly sticky..
- Knead, on a floured surface adding additional ﬂour if needed. until smooth and elastic. About 4 minutes..
- Put a little bit of oil in a very large bowl and coat the inner surface of the bowl. Place the dough ball in the bowl and move it around to coat the dough ball with the oil. Cover the bowl with a towel and place it in a warm area and allow dough to rise to the top of the bowl..
- Once risen divide dough ball in half. With ﬂoured hand's toss dough or roll dough to a 16" circle and transfer to a prepared pizza pan or pizza peal..
- Top as desired with pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese. Set oven to 425°F. Bake on bottom oven track for 15 min to 20 min until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
This is the easiest, best pizza dough recipe. If you're uncomfortable working with yeast or making your own pizza. If you would rather make individual pizza pies, portion the dough into as many round balls as you want pies. Quick and easy pizza dough, no kneading required. See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour.