Mike's Kofta Kebobs. Mike's Kofta Kebobs Scroll to the bottom for a super quick and easy recipe for Mad Greek Rice as well as a link to my Tatziki Sauce. Warm the pita with a little butter and swipe with the tzatziki sauce. We are not taking orders right now.
Click here to read my affiliate policy. Mold the kofta on the kebabs While the grill is pre-heating, make the kebabs. Grab a skewer, and hold it with the wide side facing up. You can cook Mike's Kofta Kebobs using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Kofta Kebobs
- It’s of Kofta Meat.
- Prepare 1 lb of Regular Ground Hamburger Meat [do not use lean meat].
- You need 1 lb of Ground Lamb Meat [do not use lean meat].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Each: Fresh Cilantro & Parsley [chop extra cilantro for.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of White Onions [fine minced].
- It’s 6 clove of Fresh Garlic [fine minced].
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Mint [minced].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Each: Black Pepper – Salt – Paprika – Cayenne Pepper – O.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Each: Ground Ginger – White Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes -.
- Prepare of Bread & Utensils.
- Prepare 3 of large Tandoori Naan Bread Packages [2 per package].
- It’s 6 of Flat Metal Scewers.
- Prepare of Kofta Serving & Garnish Options.
- You need 1 of small White Onion [extra thin sliced].
- It’s 1 of small Purple Onion [extra thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 of small Fresh Tomato [thin sliced].
- It’s 1 of Grilled Yellow-Red-Green Bell Peppers [thin sliced – raw or pa.
- You need 3 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
Take one of the portions of kofta and wrap it around the bottom of a skewer. Chicken kofta are ground chicken kabobs. Flavor-packed ground chicken patties that is very popular in the Middle East and North Africa. Ground chicken can be subbed in for ground turkey, delicious both ways.
Mike's Kofta Kebobs step by step
- Make your Tatziki Sauce and let chill. My recipe can be found in the link below..
- Clean and preheat your gas grill or clean and light your charcoal grill. Authors Note: Charcoal will offer you much more flavor in your meat..
- Chop up and mix everything called for in the Kofta Meat section together very well. Refrigerate meat for at least one hour..
- Mold meat into five, 6"long x 1" wide, cigar shape forms as pictured..
- Mold meat around your scewers tightly using tap water to moisten the outside of your meat if needed..
- Grill meat for 8 – 10 minutes total. Try not to flip meat until the top side begins to firm and can hold up to a turn. Gently turn your meat [repeating] and grill until done..
- Grill Naan Bread until you can see score marks on the bread and a slight crisp. Do not over-grill as you'll harden your bread..
- Serve whole pieces of meat on Naan Bread with Tatziki Sauce, fresh Cilantro and any other additions listed..
- Mad greek rice recipe.
- 2 Packages Uncle Bens Rice Chicken Flavor bags. Tear a small hole in each bag and heat in microwave for 1 minute. Chop 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro and add to rice. Sprinkle a few dashes of Cumin on top and add 1- 2 tbsp salsa or chili sauce and mix. Sprinkle a few more dashes Cumin, mix and serve. Garnish rice with fresh Cilantro..
Looking for new ideas with mince? try this juicy beef kofta. Middle eastern chicken kabob recipe with how to make ground chicken from scratch. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Lay the skewered kofta kebabs on a tray lined with parchment paper; Place the kofta kebabs on the lightly oiled, heated gas grill. Serve the kofta kebabs immediately with pita bread, tahini and the fixings you prepared.