Homemade pizza sauce. Homemade Pizza Sauce with Olive Oil "Much better than store bought! The olive oil really adds a nice flavor."- France C. Blaine Pizza Sauce "A great classic.
Bring sauce to a simmer and season with salt, sugar, and black pepper. Stir baking soda into pizza sauce, mixing until thoroughly combined. Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Sauce: Start with your favorite crushed tomatoes. You can have Homemade pizza sauce using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade pizza sauce
- You need 1 of ) 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (or 2 14 oz cans).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar (you could probably do 1 tsp).
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Simple flavorings are all you need: garlic, extra virgin olive oil, fine sea salt, and dried oregano. Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a hot pan over medium-high heat. Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir. How to make a homemade pizza sauce recipe that's sure to make pizzas taste so much better!
Homemade pizza sauce instructions
- Pour the crushed tomatoes in a bowl. Add in the seasonings and stir to combine. It is officially ready to spoon onto your homemade pizza! It really is that easy! This makes the equivalent to 2 jars of pizza sauce. Just freeze the left overs in baggies or in plastic containers..
- Recipe Notes Consider doubling or tripling this recipe to save some for the freezer..
This sauce is quick and easy to make, freezes well, and has zero mystery ingredients. Say hello to a nice and thick homemade pizza sauce. I so wish you could smell this sauce through the screen right now. This pizza sauce, with just a few minor tweaks, was AMAZING on my pizza! This comes about as close to perfection as any pizza sauce i've ever tasted and i'm old school Italian.