Honey Jalepeño Pizza. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! Brush edges of pizza with olive oil and sprinkle with the everything bagel seasoning.
Great recipe for Honey Jalepeño Pizza. Pizza, or as the Italians would say, "pizza." Yes, I (Gianni) actually put that into Google Translate just to make sure that pizza in Italian wasn't spelled differently. Pizza has come a long way from it's humble origins in the bustling city of Naples to. You can cook Honey Jalepeño Pizza using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey Jalepeño Pizza
- You need of Pizza dough (store bought or homemade) we used this recipe https://www.sugardishme.com/10-minute-pizza-dough/.
- It’s of Pizza sauce, as much or as little as you like (we made our own, but you can buy some pre-made in a jar too!).
- You need 1 cup of torn mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese blend.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, sliced and de-seeded (leave seeds in for extra heat).
- You need of Pepperoni slices, as much or as little as you like.
- Prepare 1 of small handful of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare of Sriracha, for drizzling.
- You need of Honey, for drizzling.
Pepperoni Pizza with Basil and Honey. Jalapeno honey is the perfect balance of heat and sweet. Easily infuse jalapeno honey with the help of sous vide in hours, instead of weeks. Start with this hot honey infusion recipe and you will be inspired to create other infused honeys.
Honey Jalepeño Pizza instructions
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F..
- Start out by making your pizza dough by following the linked recipe to a T. If you are buying pre-made dough, skip this step! (NOTE: we recommend Trader Joes “ready to bake garlic and herb pizza dough” if you live near a Trader Joes! Any kind of pizza dough is just fine though.).
- While your dough is rising for 10 minutes, pull off chunks of mozzarella from your mozzarella ball until you get about 1 cup’s worth and place them in a bowl..
- Next, wash your jalapeño, pat it dry with paper towel and place it on a cutting board. Cut your jalapeño into slices and then de-seed them, using a toothpick to poke out the seeds..
- Remove your fresh basil leaves from the stem and set them aside. Wash and pat them dry if you feel like being sanitary!.
- Don’t forget to get out your pepperoni and shredded cheese as well!.
- After 10-ish minutes have passed, sprinkle some flour down on a clean surface and place your dough ball on the counter. Grab a rolling pin and roll out that dough! (NOTE: We rolled ours out to be about ~1/8-1/4″ thin… so pretty thin. We found that this was the perfect thickness after it was done. It will rise quite a bit, so don’t make it too thick!).
- Place your dough on a greased pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan. (NOTE: If you don’t have a pizza stone or pan, use the back side of a sheet pan! Don’t forget to spray it with non-stick spray. If you need to shape your pizza to be a little more square, go for it!).
- Next, season your crust! (NOTE: We recommend basting it with melted butter or olive oil mixed with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. If you’re using freshly-pressed garlic cloves, don’t overdo it because it has a strong flavor!).
- Now start spooning your pizza sauce onto the dough and spread it around. Add as much or as little as you like..
- Then add your shredded Italian cheese blend, evenly distributing.
- Add the pepperoni next. Again, add as much or as little as you like. Then add the jalapeño slices, then the mozzarella chunks and then finally the basil leaves..
- Place your pizza in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes, Take your pizza out and see if it’s cooked to your liking. We ended up putting ours back in for 2 more minutes!.
- When you’re happy with your pizza’s done-ness, finish it off with a drizzle of Sriracha across the top, followed by a drizzle of honey..
- Enjoy!! 🙂.
Try this infused honey in cocktails, poured over cheese or drizzled on pizza. Heat the honey and the jalapeños in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Let the honey come to a light simmer then turn off the honey. Strain the honey through a fine mesh sieve to remove the peppers and the seeds. I like to keep the peppers and throw them on the pizza!