Pizza Dough (thin crust). Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan. Try to make it thicker around the edge.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. The longer the dough sits, the thicker the crust will be; for thinnest crust, shape and bake dough immediately, without any rest. This is the best thin crust pizza dough recipe in the world! You can cook Pizza Dough (thin crust) using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough (thin crust)
- It’s 1000 g of high grade flour.
- It’s 20 g of salt.
- It’s 12 g of dry yeast.
- Prepare 500 ml of warm water.
- It’s Splash of olive oil (just to prevent drying when proofing).
It's easy to prepare, and it has an amazing fluffy yet crispy edge with a thin center. The battle of thick crust versus thin crust. I'm team thin crust and Shane's team thick crust. An easy, basic pizza dough for thin crust pizza.
Pizza Dough (thin crust) instructions
- Measure out ingredients.
- Mix some of water with yeast and some flour, once water is added the mix should be around 38°C let stand for 10 min to let yeast be activated.
- Mix remaining flour and salt water.
- Add yeast starter to rest of mix.
- Kneed dough well for 10 minutes.
- Shape dough to ball, put in clean bowl and cover. Best is in fridge over night, otherwise let proof on bench for 90 minutes..
- Roll out and cover in pizza sauce and cheese.
- Add your toppings (yes I'm the kind that put pinapple on pizza moahaha) then cook in super hot oven.
Place pan in center of oven. Let stand until bubbles form on surface. For two thin-crust pizzas, divide the dough in half, and shape each into a flattened disk. This is hands down the best pizza dough! It makes a New York-style pizza crust that is a thin crust pizza in the center with beautifully puffed edges.