Portobello Pizza Bites. Portobello Pizzas have ALL the flavours of a GOOD pizza…without the guilt! Gently clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Using portobello mushrooms as a base makes these low carb while also eliminating any of the fuss that often comes with making pizza dough.
Remove the stems, chop them up, and add to your omelette in the morning. Toss mushroom caps with a few gluggs of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, spread out on a lightly greased baking Portobello Mushroom Pizza Bites. They are so good and give me a healthy alternative to satisfy my pizza cravings! You can have Portobello Pizza Bites using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza Bites
- You need of Large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- You need of Your favorite tomato sauce.
- It’s of Shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare of Leftover meatballs (optional).
Place mushrooms on baking sheet and toss with with oil, salt, and pepper. Dress the mushroom caps with liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Portobello Pizza Bites instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F..
- Wash or wipe down your mushrooms. Remove the stems, chop them up, and add to your omelette in the morning..
- Toss mushroom caps with a few gluggs of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, spread out on a lightly greased baking sheet lined with foil..
- Put a spoonful of tomato sauce in each. Here, you can get creative! I put spaghetti sauce and leftover meatballs..
- Bake for 15-20 mins..
- Take out. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 5 mins or until cheese has browned on the top. Enjoy!!.
I can eat them all the time! Think of them like super healthy bagel bites. You know those frozen crappy mini pizzas?, but these are actually delicious and good for you! For more recipes from Margaret, check out The Plant Philosophy! Portobello Mushroom "Pizza" is made with salsa, baby-spinach, and dried cilantro.