Salmon Burgers. These salmon burgers had a really good flavor and they were quick, easy and inexpensive to make. I added a little more dijon and an extra egg to bump up the flavor and help them stick together a little more. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
It is one of the best salmon burger recipes, including restaurant versions. The fresh taste of seafood and the tangy and bright. Check out this great salmon burger recipe as well as other burger alternatives. You can have Salmon Burgers using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Burgers
- It’s 1 can of salmon, around 14oz.
- You need 1 of jumbo egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh or dried herbs (parsley or dill or chive or etc).
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder or 1/4 cup chopped onions.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need A few of generous grinds of freshly cracked pepper.
- You need 1 of chopped scallion.
- It’s of Serving options.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
- It’s of Smoked paprika.
- It’s of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need of Avocado.
- You need of Tartar sauce.
- Prepare of Chipotle mayo.
Add some salmon mixture to your hand, form a ball, and place in the pan. Carefully use your fingers to press it out to the shape of a burger. Many salmon burger recipes use canned salmon, but since the salmon is the star of this dish, we found that it was well worth the additional modest expense and effort required to make our burgers with fresh salmon. Burgers made with canned salmon were lackluster (to say the least) and mushy, while those made with fresh salmon were moist and full.
Salmon Burgers instructions
- Drain the canned salmon, reserving the liquid..
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Use a fork to mix in the salmon and all the rest of the ingredients with the egg..
- Form patties. I usually do ones about 3-4in wide and 1/2in thick but you can do whatever size you like. If the mix is feeling too dry and won't stick together into patties, add some of the reserved salmon liquid to moisten..
- Fry patties in oil over medium to medium-high heat till they are nice and crispy and browned on both sides..
- Serve with your choice of dressings..
In medium bowl, beat egg and milk with fork or wire whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients except oil. Place the salmon, breadcrumbs, egg white, shallot and basil into a food processor and pulse until combined, but not puréed, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tips for Making the Perfect Salmon Burgers. Then mix it with freshly diced chunks of salmon and the rest of the ingredients.