Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie. Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie My family loves shepherds pie! So I made this easy flavorful recipe. Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie step by step.
Brown hamburger with half of the spices. Mix the gravy packet with one cup of cold water. Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer. You can have Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie
- You need of spices.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of minced garlic from jar in water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried chives.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried basil flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of onion flakes or 1/2 sauteed chopped onion.
- You need 2 lb of hamburger.
- It’s 6 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 can of creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- You need 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
A mix of veggies and beans is topped with Cheddar cheese, creamy mashed potatoes, and French-fried onions in this vegetarian shepherd's pie. While the classical recipe itself has many names and variations, the basic method and ingredients for making Shepherd's Pie are the same. It is a baked casserole consisting of ground beef or lamb cooked in gravy with onions and topped with a layer of mashed potatoes. It's such a nice winter meal, and it's so easy and quick, and best of all.so economical!!
Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie step by step
- Cook mashed potatoes as directed or make your own. Add half of the spices to potatoes..
- Brown hamburger with half of the spices. Drain grease from pan.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the gravy packet with one cup of cold water. Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer until it thickens. Stirring constantly..
- Add hamburger to 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour creamed corn on top of hamburger.
- Pour corn on top of creamed corn..
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of corn mixture. Smooth with a spatula or spoon. Make sure to completely cover mixture with potatoes..
- Bake for 25 minutes pull from oven and sprinkle cheese across top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before serving..
Growing up, Mum made shepherds pie almost weekly. Over the years I have altered it, and this is the way my family enjoys it now. We don't serve this with anything, except maybe a nice bread roll. Put diced potatoes in saucepan; add enough water to barely cover. One of the most iconic comfort food meals you'll ever enjoy is this authentic shepherd's pie recipe.