Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente; drain. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and briefly rinse with cold water.
Transfer the spaghetti to the prepared pie dish and arrange the noodles on the bottom and up the side of the dish to form a crust. In a large bowl, toss spaghetti with eggs, ¼ cup Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Transfer to prepared springform pan to form "crust". You can cook Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs
- Prepare of ****for the pie********.
- Prepare 1 lb. of spaghetti noodles.
- You need 2 jars (14.5 oz) of Alfredo Sauce (I used Prego Homestyle Alredo).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of ***for the sauce******.
- You need 2 jars (24 oz.) of spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Three Cheese).
- Prepare of *for the meatballs******.
- Prepare 1 lb. of hamburger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian Style Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. This two-in-one dish is the ultimate weeknight crowd-pleaser. With tons of spaghetti recipes at your fingertips, this option is perfect when you want something extra hearty. Make sure to use Vermicelli if you have it on hand; the pasta's thickness will allow for a crispy texture that serves as the pie's crust.
Spaghetti Pie & Meatballs instructions
- Start with your meatballs. Place all ingredients under meatballs category in a large bowl, and mix well until all ingredients are combined. Form into medium size balls, and place onto a greased, rimmed baking sheet. I was able to make 14 meatballs..
- Heat 2 jars of spaghetti sauce in large pan on low, covered. Keep warm until final step..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil spaghetti as per package instructions. Drain & return to pan. Add in 1 1/2 jars of the alfredo sauce and all of the shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well & place into a greased 9 x 1 1/2 inch pie plate. Pat spaghetti down to form pie..
- Place both your meatballs and spaghetti pie into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes and then rotate them, so you are switching them on the cooking racks for even cooking. Cook an additional 10 minutes. 20 total minutes of cooking time in this step..
- Remove spaghetti pie from oven. At this step, you will leave meatballs in oven to continue cooking. Give the spaghetti pie a quick stir and then pat back down into pie plate. Place onto a cookie sheet to avoid spillover, as your pie will now be very full. Top with remaining 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce, spoon evenly. Top with mozzarella cheese..
- Cook additional 15 minutes, or until hot & bubbly, with meatballs on lower rack and pie on upper rack. Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 minutes..
- Place a ladle of sauce onto plate. Top with spaghetti pie slice and serve with meatballs. Enjoy!.
Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter. Line a pie pan with spaghetti, margarine, eggs and Parmesan, top with creamy cottage cheese, then pour on a savory beef and tomato sauce flavored with onions, garlic and green pepper. Mozzarella baked on top makes a scrumptious crust. Spaghetti pie is the perfect dish for a kid friendly weeknight dinner or to serve to a group of hungry guests. This spaghetti pie recipe pulls together all of the best aspects of a comforting Italian classic – pasta – cheese, a zesty meat sauce, and more cheese!