BBQ pizza. Prepare a small bowl with olive oil for greasing the grill grates and for brushing the pizza. Prepare the toppings so they are ready to go on the pizza—tomato sauce, cheese, and anything else you wish. See why conventional ovens just can't touch the grill for making perfect pizza.
The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. You can make an even better-tasting pizza yourself with only a few ingredients and little prep time, and it goes way beyond just plain cheese and pepperoni. You can have BBQ pizza using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BBQ pizza
- Prepare 1 of pillsbury premade pizza crust.
- You need 1 cup of honey bbq sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded chicken.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced purple onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon.
- You need 1/4 cup of crushed or pineapple tidbits.
- Prepare 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Optional garnish: bbq drizzle, dried parsley flakes.
Using tongs, dip a folded paper towel in vegetable oil and rub on grates. Carefully slide pizza dough onto the grill. Using tongs, lift dough and check to see if lightly brown. Using tongs and a sheet pan, flip the pizza dough, so it's grilled-side up.
BBQ pizza instructions
- Heat oven to 400 and press crust into greased baking sheet. Bake just the crust 6 min then remove and top with bbq, all toppings and then cheese..
- Bake additional 8-9 minutes..
- Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes to make the cheese speckled and a little crispy then top with parsley flakes and bbq drizzle if desired..
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. And the first step to getting perfect crust is to par-bake the pizza dough on the grill. WATCH THE VIDEO: How to Grill Pizza. Make your homemade pizza dough or use store-bought pizza dough. Prepare the grill for high heat.