Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust. This breakfast pizza, made with refrigerated biscuit dough, is topped with eggs, bacon, and Cheddar cheese.. You can use crescent rolls or pizza dough and add any combo of meats, veggies, and cheeses. You can also skip the scrambling step and top the pizza with sunny-side up eggs that are baked in the oven.
You can fill this great breakfast recipe with whatever your family loves best! Using refrigerated crescent roll for the dough, this breakfast pizza is topped with a layer of prepared salsa before being covered with scrambled eggs, bacon, slices of sausage, and Cheddar cheese. Gently unroll out the crescent dough on the baking sheet so it stays in a long rectangle. You can cook Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust
- It’s of Croissant Rolls.
- Prepare of Breakfast Sausage (I like Jimmy Dean).
- It’s of Shredded (browned) hash browns.
- You need of Knorr's Hollandaise Sauce.
- You need of sliced or diced Mushrooms.
- You need of Green pepper.
- It’s of Red Pepper.
- It’s of Eggs.
- It’s of Milk.
- It’s of Butter/Margarine.
- It’s of Shredded Cheddar cheese (or to taste).
- You need of Shredded Mozzarella cheese (or to taste).
Layer the crust with the sauce, pepperoni and then the cheese. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. I wanted something simple for a work breakfast and this fit the bill. Two things, though: I thought this needed more crust, so I used two packages of crescent roll dough instead of one, and I didn't understand why it needed to chill overnight.
Breakfast Pizza Croissant Crust step by step
- Brown sausage (or bacon) and crumble; drain and set aside..
- Sauté mushrooms and peppers together and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Mix and beat milk and eggs together. Pour in eggs, and cook, stirring constantly until eggs are not runny, set aside. (Do not overcook; eggs will be on the pizza for 20-30 min.).
- Preheat an oven to 400° Unroll crescent dough and place rolls on an ungreased 15? pizza pan with points toward the center. Press seams together and press up sides of pan to form a crust. This is probably the most daunting task of the recipe. Just keep manipulating the dough until it covers the pan. (try to avoid thin spots and DO NOT bunch dough together and roll out) Also, you may end up with a little extra dough. Put pan in pre-heated oven for 5-8 minutes. This will help the center of the dough to be cooked all the way through after pizza is done..
- Prepare Hollandaise sauce according to package directions but only use 2/3 cup milk, not full cup. This will give a thicker sauce. Pour evenly over crescent roll crust. Spread scrambled eggs and rest of toppings evenly over sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese..
- Bake in preheated oven until bottom of crust is lightly browned, about 20-30 minutes..
- Notes: You can add whatever toppings you like. This is good with just eggs, cheese and breakfast meat. :).
I didn't have the time to do that anyway, so I just baked. Because croissants are typically a breakfast food, you could also try using pre-made croissant dough as the base of a breakfast pizza and add cheese, eggs, and toppings like sausage or ham. In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until thoroughly cooked but still moist. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams.