Brenda's BLT Hamburger Mac & Cheese. Brenda's BLT Hamburger Mac & Cheese This was a hit with everyone, even my picky eater! :chef. Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat. The first McDonald's restaurant ever opened in the U.
Coarse black pepper Combine all but sauce; coarsely mash. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. All the delicious tastes of a BLT, without the bread. You can have Brenda's BLT Hamburger Mac & Cheese using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brenda's BLT Hamburger Mac & Cheese
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of hamburger, browned & crumbled.
- You need 1 lb of bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled.
- Prepare 1 packages of (16 oz) elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 box of (32 oz) velveta cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of mild pico mix.
- It’s 1 packages of (9 oz) fresh spinach, chopped slightly.
- Prepare 1 cup of Italian-style panko bread crumbs.
Grilled chicken breast strips, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, croutons and the most important ingredient, crispy crumbled bacon. Served with your choice of dressing: Fat Free Honey Dijon Mustard, Ranch, Raspberry Vinaigrette, and Thousand Island. At McDonald's, we take great care to serve quality, great-tasting menu items to our customers each and every time they visit our restaurants. We understand that each of our customers has individual needs and considerations when choosing a place to eat or drink outside their home, especially those customers with food allergies.
Brenda's BLT Hamburger Mac & Cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a large microwavable bowl, place cheese cubes, butter & milk. Microwave on high 8-10 minutes and stir with a whisk. Microwave another 4 minutes and stir. Repeat until completely melted and mixture is smooth..
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water 3 minutes less than directed on package (macaroni should still be slightly firm as it will continue to cook in the oven)..
- Mix together the spinach, Pico, cooked hamburger and shredded cheese and cooked macaroni. Stir in cheese sauce and mix well. Pour into a 15 x 10 glass baking dish sprayed with Pam..
- Cover dish with foil, bake 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and bread crumbs evenly over top. Bake 5 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving..
- **Note: You can use any ground meat you like, I've used beef, chorizo, turkey… whatever you like. I've also used the french fried onions instead of bread crumbs (in the photo). Mix it up with your favs! :-).
Thank you very much for watching. The delicious flavors of crisp crumbled bacon and tangy fresh tomato that you love in a BLT sandwich dress up a bowl of macaroni salad that's perfect for a light lunch or side dish. Top with burger, lettuce, tomato and remaining bacon weave. A friend served this BLT pasta salad, and I just had to get the recipe. My husband loves BLT sandwiches, so this has become a favorite of his.