Chickpea Mash with Burger. If all else fails, you can mash the chickpea veggie burger patty with a fork! Using a fork to mash isn't quite as easy as using a potato masher, but it works in a pinch. If you are using a fork, just make sure that you do a good job mashing the chickpeas down so that they aren't super chunky!
The raw bulgur-chickpea mixture is delicate but firms up as it cooks; be gentle when turning the burgers in the pan so they don't fall apart. If you're new to making homemade veggie burgers, you might want to check out these tips for making the perfect veggie burger. If you don't have a food processor, you can mash the chickpeas by hand using either a fork or a potato masher. You can have Chickpea Mash with Burger using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Mash with Burger
- You need of -Burger——–.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of chickpea mash——-.
- Prepare 31 ounces of canned chickpea.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk, I used lactose free milk.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s of gravy——–.
- You need 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- Prepare 15-1/2 ounces of beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder 1/2 cup water.
It's a bit more labor-intensive and takes time, but will still yield a nice veggie burger. How to make a chickpea burger without a food processor? After your chickpeas are rinsed and drained use a fork or similar tool to mash your chickpeas. Once your chickpeas are mashed you can add all other ingredients and proceed per the instructions below.
Chickpea Mash with Burger step by step
- Mix the ground beef with salt, garlic, and paprika.
- Form patties.
- Add patties to a pan cover over medium heat.
- After your patties are turned, about 10 minutes add onions..
- Cook till burgers are done, and remove.
- To the drippings add flour, salt, and garlic. Stirring constantly scraping the particles off the bottom..
- Do this for 5 minutes then add broth and water. Let thicken and return the burgers back to gravy..
- Coat the tops cover set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas. Add to a pan with 1/2 a stick of butter.
- When the butter melts mash the chickpeas. Heat stirring constantly add Milk stirring constantly.
- Form a crater add rest of butter and let it melt.
- Stir in well adding parsley flakes.
- Serve with Burger and gravy. I hope you enjoy!.
Creamy sauce makes chickpea burgers shine! (Or any veggie burger.) These chickpea burgers are made perfect with a creamy sauce. Because veggie burgers don't have the same natural fat like beef burgers, they can taste dry. You really need to add a creamy sauce to get the right textures on a bun. You can mash up the burger mixture by hand, with a pastry cutter or potato masher, or with a food processor. If mashing the mixture by hand, let the chickpeas and rice cool down so you don't burn yourself, then get right in there and squeeze everything until it starts to come together.