Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza. Here is a healthy pizza recipe that we are sure you will fall in love with, as it is cooked using the base of a vegetable-Eggplant(Brinjal). You just need a few ingredients to nail this easy dish. Take a few thick slices of eggplant and then add the toppings made of tomato, sweet chilli syrup, mozzarella cheese and basil.
Flip the eggplant rounds; top with Parmesan cheese in an even layer to cover. Easy to Make Cheesy Eggplant Pizza. An easy way to work Eggplants into your diet is to make this delicious dinner Cheesy Eggplant Pizza! You can cook Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza
- You need of large eggplant cut in roundels or long.
- It’s of pink salt.
- You need of olive oil, for brushing eggplant before roasting.
- You need of dried Italian seasoning, for sprinkling on eggplant before roasting.
- Prepare of Few basil leaves (optional).
- You need of finely grated mozzarella.
- Prepare of For seasoning Red chilli flakes.
- You need of chopped yellow pepper.
- You need of red pepper chopped fine.
- It’s of broccoli chopped fine.
- You need of boiled and shredded chicken breast.
- You need of Sauce Ingredients:.
- You need of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need of large garlic cloves, very finely chopped.
- Prepare of small onion chopped fine.
- It’s of peeled and diced fresh tomatoes or 4 tbsp tomato puree.
- It’s of dried Italian seasoning or herbs.
This dinner recipe is a mouth-watering way to add more vegetables into your diet. In addition to featuring a host of vitamins and minerals, Eggplants also contain important Manganese. Eggplant (also known as aubergine) is a shiny bulbous vegetable in the nightshade family that comes in green, white, or, more commonly, purple. The eggplant itself is actually a berry, and its edible watertight skin and disc-like seeds show clearly its similarity to peppers and tomatoes.
Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza instructions
- Cut off both ends of the eggplant; then cut it into 3/4 inch thick slices. If your eggplant is round then cut into round slices but mine was long so I cut long slices. Spread the slices and sprinkle some pink salt generously. This is to remove excess moisture and prevent the puckering of the slices. Let the eggplant sit with the salt on it for about 30 minutes to draw out the liquid. Blot eggplant dry with paper towels or a clean napkin. This will also wipe off the excess salt..
- Meanwhile turn on the oven to 250degrees.While the eggplant slices are sitting, make the Pizza sauce. In a pan add the olive oil, chopped onion and sauté. Now add the crushed garlic cloves and sprinkle some mixed herbs. Add the chopped tomatoes or tomato puree and sauté till nicely blended. I sprinkled some red chilli flakes on the sauce as we like a little spice in our food. Sprinkle a wee bit of salt on the sauce. Let the sauce simmer, adding a tablespoon or two of water if it seems dry..
- My daughter does not like tomato bits so I put the sauce through a blender and made a nice flavorful paste. While it was cooking she came sniffing to the kitchen saying she smelt something really nice! Brush the eggplant on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with dried herbs. Roast at 350 F for about 15 minutes. See that the slices are not roasted until they become mushy and lose their shape as they are going to be your pizza base..
- While the eggplant roasts chop your peppers, broccoli, shred the chicken and grate your mozzarella. Remove the eggplant slices from the oven and spread the sauce mixture over the eggplant pieces. Top each with some chopped peppers, broccoli and chicken.
Sprinkle minced garlic, basil and oregano over cheese and then lay eggplant slices over all. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top. Eggplant slices topped with garlic, pizza sauce and cheese. Small bite sized food are my favorite type of meals to munch on. What To Serve With Roasted Eggplant.