Easy Lunch Loco Moco Rice Bowl with Stir-fried Hamburger Meat. Rice Bowl with Fried Eggs, Mini-burgers, and Pac-Rim Gravy Hamburger, fried egg, white rice, and instant gravy may not sound like a formula for gustatory wonderment. But for many Hawaiians, loco moco (for that's what they call this rib-sticking combination) is the ultimate comfort food, equally welcome at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a. Great recipe for Easy Lunch Loco Moco Rice Bowl with Stir-fried Hamburger Meat.
Loco moco is a Hawaiian comfort food that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. A delicious hamburger patty atop a bed of white rice smothered with brown gravy and topped with an over easy egg. From the islands to your dinner table, Loco Moco is Hawaiian comfort food made with rice and a burger smothered with rich gravy and a runny yolk. You can have Easy Lunch Loco Moco Rice Bowl with Stir-fried Hamburger Meat using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Lunch Loco Moco Rice Bowl with Stir-fried Hamburger Meat
- You need 400 grams of Ground pork and beef mix.
- It’s 1 of Onions (minced).
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 dash of ★Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of ★Nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of ◎Ketchup.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of ◎Tonkatsu Sauce (Japanese Worcestershire-Style Sauce).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ◎Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◎Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎Grated cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of Lettuce or cabbage, fresh veggies.
Loco Moco is Hawaii's original homemade fast food and can be found at just about any fast food joint, roadside diner, mom and pop restaurant or lunch wagon in the Islands. Rice, a beef patty, sunny-side up egg and gravy. The Hawaiian loco-moco is a seriously rib-sticking breakfast dish of rice topped with hamburger patties, onions and fried eggs. Here's my simpler, more refined version that works beautifully for lunch or a homey supper.
Easy Lunch Loco Moco Rice Bowl with Stir-fried Hamburger Meat instructions
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan and cook the minced onion thoroughly..
- Add the ground meat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and nutmeg..
- Once the meat has been mostly cooked, add the ◎ ingredients all at once. Stir to combine and then crack the eggs on top..
- Cover with aluminum foil. After 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat and let the eggs cook in residual heat..
- Once the eggs have been cooked to your liking, it's done..
- Put the rice in a bowl and top with lettuce. Top with the meat and an egg to make an easy loco moco rice bowl..
- If there are leftovers, I usually add some corn, a beaten egg, and rice to make a meat pilaf type dish..
Kids dig right in, and so do adults. Mix burger ingredients together in a bowl. Form hamburger balls and flatten them out to the desired thickness. The size of the ball will determine the size of the patty. Grill or fry your patties until a little charred, but not burnt.