Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers. Great recipe for Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers. I only had pork, and I didn't want to make hamburgers, so I added tofu. If you heat the frying pan well and add water to it, the patties will cook through evenly.
The cooks at Diner, in Brooklyn, change up burger toppings according to the season: lettuce and pickled onions in. Add garlic, hot bean. and sprinkle with peppercorn powder. Add garlic, hot bean. and sprinkle with peppercorn powder. You can cook Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers
- It’s 200 grams of Ground pork.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 150 grams of Tofu.
- You need 150 grams of Panko.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ☆Mirin.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon, or 2 tablespoons if you prefer a sweeter flavor ☆Sugar.
- You need 1 of ★Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
Pre-mixed ground beef and pork are always sold at the markets. This is just the Japanese tendency. You can use either one for this tofu burger depending on your liking. Tofu has a lot of moisture.
Fluffy Tofu and Ground Pork Burgers step by step
- Sauté half the onion (chopped) until translucent, and let cool..
- Grate the other half of the onion, and combine with the ☆ ingredients..
- Add the ★ ingredients to the ground pork and knead together to combine well. Mash the tofu up in another bowl using a whisk. Add the panko and ground pork mixture to the tofu, and form into patties as with regular hamburgers..
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a frying pan over high heat until the oil is smoking. Turn the heat off, put in the hamburger patties and turn the heat back on, set to medium. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with a lid..
- In about 3 minutes when the bottoms of the patties are browned, flip them over..
- When both sides are browned, add the Step 2 grated onion mixture. Coat the patties with this sauce, and they're done..
Wrap the tofu with a kitchen towel. Put a flat plate or a cutting board on the tofu and leave it. Want to know why to make ground pork burgers instead of beef? The answer is simple: they are juicy, delicious and less expensive than beef. I love tofu burgers, but my husband doesn't find them satisfying enough, so I tried out some things to make them more so.