Homemade hamburger helper. Homemade Hamburger Helper is sooo much better than the boxed stuff! Made with wholesome ingredients and no scary science-sounding additives this is an easy one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Beef, pasta and a savory sauce all simmered together on the stove.
This is probably one of my kid's favorite meals. I mean they could eat this for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner. One Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper is just like the classic favorite Cheeseburger Macaroni that we all know and love! You can have Homemade hamburger helper using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade hamburger helper
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 can of mild Rotel.
- You need 1 1/2 packages of Trio Italian noodles (12 oz) pack.
- You need 1/2 box of Velveeta cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of Pace picante sauce.
The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. This homemade Hamburger Helper uses real ingredients: macaroni, meat, milk, water, cheese and spices, THAT'S IT! It tastes fresh, comforting, cheesy, meaty, and filling, just like it should. And best of all it's just as quick as the boxed version.
Homemade hamburger helper step by step
- In skillet ground your beef….season to your desire.
- In a medium Pot pour can of Rotel ……. cut up half of the Velveeta cheese into little squares and put in the pot as well…… Stair the mix as the cheese melts add pace picante sauce.
- In another pot large enough for your noodles bring to a boil and cook.
- Once the noodles are done cooking ….drain ….add the cheese mix and meat and mix….enjoy.
I use ground turkey in place of beef simply because we don't eat much red meat. Beefy, cheesy and saucy, it tastes like cheeseburgers in pasta form. It's a homemade Hamburger Helper – a tastier and much healthier version of the popular boxed pasta! I moved to Australia years ago, and while I can get Hamburger Helper at an American import grocer, it's really expensive. A few days ago I got a deep craving for this dish, and found this recipe.