Onion Burgers. Working quickly, spread onions evenly over cooking burgers and press down to embed onions into meat. Carefully flip burgers with a stiff spatula, making sure to pick up all browned meat from skillet. With the side of a spatula, push the burgers into a semblance of a round.
Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers Recipe If you love burgers with onion, then this Oklahoma fried onion burgers recipe is a state classic that combines great savory flavor with a succulent and juicy ground beef burger patty. In a small bowl, combine onion and salad dressing. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. You can have Onion Burgers using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion Burgers
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of small yellow onions.
- It’s 1 package of dry onion soup mix.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 slices of american cheese.
- You need 3 of onion buns.
Add onion soup, stir and cook until meat mixture is thickened and most of the liquid is absorbed. Spread mustard and mayonnaise, to taste, on bread. Spread bun bottoms with dressing; top each with lettuce, tomato, onion and a burger. DIRECTIONS In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, soup mix, and water.
Onion Burgers step by step
- Chop onion into smallish pieces and put in a nonstick skillit with butter on medium high, season with a pinch of salt, and cook untill brown. Set aside..
- Mix beef, soup mix, onion powder, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined..
- Form into 3 1/3 lb pattys and cook on medium high untill cooked through..
- Put a slice of cheese on top of each and place on an onion bun..
- Top with grilled onions and your favorite condiments. A sweet vidalia onion sauce is great if you want more onion..
With clean hands mix until well combined. Shape into eight patties and grill or broil until done. For these addictively tasty burgers, ground beef is pressed onto the griddle with paper-thin slices of onion and seared until crisp around the edges. The recipe comes from Sid's Diner, a restaurant. In a large bowl combine ground beef, onion soup mix, and water.