Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza. Sausage making is an outcome of efficient butchery. Traditionally, sausage makers salted various tissues and organs such as scraps, organ meats, blood, and fat to help preserve them. They then stuffed them into tubular casings made from the cleaned intestines of the animal, producing the characteristic cylindrical shape.
Whether you prefer it spicy or sweet, sausage is a versatile family favorite with guaranteed flavor. Cook up classic and creative dishes, like stew, jambalaya, Spanish-style noodles and more with. Sausage definition is – a highly seasoned minced meat (such as pork) usually stuffed in casings of prepared animal intestine; also : a link or patty of sausage. You can have Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza
- Prepare of (makes 2 pizzas).
- Prepare of For large 20" pizza pan(s).
- Prepare 5 cups of All-purpose Flower.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Corn meal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of warm water (105°F to 115°F).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Toppings Ingredients (double ingredients if making 2 pizzas).
- You need 2 cup of pizza sauce.
- You need 1 cup of diced Tomatoes from a can (well drained).
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Minced Onion Sprinkles.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped Black Olives.
- Prepare 3 cups of Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need 2 cups of Mild Chedder Cheese.
- It’s 1 package of Pepperonis.
- You need 2 cups of pre cooked sausage (chopped fine).
- You need 2 cups of Mushrooms (chopped).
How to use sausage in a sentence. The hardest part is the waiting—it smells so good while it's cooking. I served this on a meat, cheese and cracker tray and totally impressed my guests." – LilSnoo. The bigger the challenge, the juicier the reward.
Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza instructions
- Pre cook sausage and set aside.
- Using a KitchenAid Mixer, add flower, salt, sugar, corn meal and dry yeast and mix dry on #2 setting for 1 minute..
- Add Olive Oil and then slowly add warmed water to the dry ingredients and knead the dough on #2 setting for 5 minutes..
- Remove dough and knead by hand an additional 3 minutes. Dough should be a dry rubbery consistency (add 1 Tbsp of flower during mixing if to wet or add 1 Tbsp water during mixing if to dry).
- Break dough into 2 halves and roll into balls, then place in warm bowl to rise for 2 hours..
- Over a thin layer of flower, use a roller pen to roll dough flat and round to fit your pan. Place rolled dough in a hot pan coated with a layer of olive oil and poke holes in the dough with a fork..
- Sprinkle garlic powder and dry minced onion onto the pizza and add pizza sauce, sausage, olives, mushrooms. Sprinkle salt to taste then add cheese and Pepperonis..
- Place in oven and bake at 500° for ten to twelve minutes or until crust edges turn golden brown. Then serve hot..
Ideas include tomato risotto, sweet potato hash, a cheesy frittata, and more. Italian sausage pasta is often made with red sauce, but this creamy baked ziti makes a nice change of pace. Plenty of melted cheese and butter makes it lusciously rich. Sausage is a food usually made from ground meat with a skin around it. Typically, a sausage is formed in a casing traditionally made from intestine, but sometimes synthetic.