Chickpea Mash with Burger. A creamy, garlicky avocado mash is the perfect complement. Don't worry about mashing the chickpeas completely smooth; a few chunks provide great texture. The raw bulgur-chickpea mixture is delicate but firms up as it cooks; be gentle when turning the burgers in the pan so they don't fall apart.
If you are using a fork, just make sure that you do a good job mashing the chickpeas down so that they aren't super chunky! Chickpeas create a hearty, neutral base that supplies both fiber and protein. They are gently mashed with a fork or potato masher to create a dough-like texture (see photo below). You can have Chickpea Mash with Burger using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Mash with Burger
- You need of -Burger——–.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare of chickpea mash——-.
- Prepare 31 ounces of canned chickpea.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, I used lactose free milk.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare of gravy——–.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of self-rising flour.
- It’s 15-1/2 ounces of beef broth.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder 1/2 cup water.
Creamy sauce makes chickpea burgers shine! (Or any veggie burger.) These chickpea burgers are made perfect with a creamy sauce. Because veggie burgers don't have the same natural fat like beef burgers, they can taste dry. You really need to add a creamy sauce to get the right textures on a bun. I've been making these chickpea veggie burgers for the past month, just to make sure the mixture is the best combination of flavor and texture.
Chickpea Mash with Burger instructions
- Mix the ground beef with salt, garlic, and paprika.
- Form patties.
- Add patties to a pan cover over medium heat.
- After your patties are turned, about 10 minutes add onions..
- Cook till burgers are done, and remove.
- To the drippings add flour, salt, and garlic. Stirring constantly scraping the particles off the bottom..
- Do this for 5 minutes then add broth and water. Let thicken and return the burgers back to gravy..
- Coat the tops cover set aside.
- Drain the chickpeas. Add to a pan with 1/2 a stick of butter.
- When the butter melts mash the chickpeas. Heat stirring constantly add Milk stirring constantly.
- Form a crater add rest of butter and let it melt.
- Stir in well adding parsley flakes.
- Serve with Burger and gravy. I hope you enjoy!.
Here are my top tips… Mash the mixture very well. Whether you mash by hand or use a food processor, make sure to mash pretty well. In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans and cooked sweet potatoes together. You can mash up the burger mixture by hand, with a pastry cutter or potato masher, or with a food processor. If mashing the mixture by hand, let the chickpeas and rice cool down so you don't burn yourself, then get right in there and squeeze everything until it starts to come together.