Country Breakfast Pizza. This country sausage breakfast pizza tops mini prepared crusts with breakfast favorites: homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Eggs and bacon on a cheese pizza? Sounds like an excellent breakfast to us.
Sounds like an excellent breakfast to us.. Cook's Country, Cook's Illustrated, and America's Test Kitchen! Breakfast Pizza is an easy, unexpected crowd favorite for a Sunday brunch, but it comes with a challenge: achieving a crisp, golden-brown crust without overcooking the eggs. You can have Country Breakfast Pizza using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Country Breakfast Pizza
- Prepare of mild pork sausage.
- Prepare of Pillsbury refrigerator pizza crust, thin.
- You need of milk.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of black pepper to taste.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of simply potatoes southern hash browns.
- It’s of eggs.
To get there, we press room-temperature dough into a lightly oiled. Large enough to feed a crowd and perfect to take as your breakfast throughout the week! With biscuits for the crust and homemade bacon gravy as the sauce what more could you want in a breakfast pizza? It's like visiting your favorite breakfast buffet!
Country Breakfast Pizza step by step
- Begin by making the sausage gravy. In a deep frying pan, add the sausage and brown and crumble until no longer pink..
- Without draining the grease, add the flour and milk and continuously stir to create the gravy. Season with pepper. Remove from heat..
- On a cookie sheet unroll the pizza dough and fit to the pan. Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Spread the gravy in a thin layer on dough..
- Top with 3/4 of the cheese..
- Sprinkle on the hash browns in an even thin layer..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Place into oven and bake for 12 minutes..
- Remove from oven and gently crack the 3 eggs onto the pizza. Reduce heat in oven to 395°F. Put back in oven and bake until eggs are cooked (about 8 minutes or so)..
- Let set for 3 minutes to firm up. Serve and enjoy..
When I eat out for breakfast I like an assortment of items. So we wanted a hearty filling breakfast that would come together pretty quick and not have to stand over the stove like a short order cook making eggs all different ways. This Country Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza fit the bill perfectly. Evidently, they don't have country gravy in upstate New York. Get Breakfast Pizza Recipe from Food Network.