Stewed Hamburger Steak. The Japanese version of Salisbury Steak, Stewed Hamburg Steak is made with a mixture of pork mince (ground pork) and beef mince (ground beef), cooked in a sauce flavoured with tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Hamburg steaks are very popular among Japanese people, particularly children. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Mix all ingredients and soften the panko. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion. You can cook Stewed Hamburger Steak using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stewed Hamburger Steak
- You need of Hamburger patties.
- You need 250 grams of Ground combined pork and beef.
- Prepare 3/4 of ▲ Onions.
- Prepare 1 of ●Egg.
- Prepare 80 of to 100 ml ●Milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of ● Panko.
- Prepare 1 of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 300 of to 350 ml Water.
- You need 1 of Soup stock cubes.
- You need 3 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/4 of ★ Onion (sliced along the grain).
- You need 1 of ★ Mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, or shimeji mushrooms).
Stir into hamburger, and simmer until the gravy thickens. This hamburger steak recipe is seasoned ground beef patties simmered in a savory mushroom sauce. A comfort food classic that makes for the perfect easy dinner option! If there's hamburger on the menu, I know my family will come running to the table.
Stewed Hamburger Steak instructions
- [Preparation] Mince the onion from ▲ and stir fry in vegetable oil until the color becomes golden brown. Mix all ● ingredients and soften the panko..
- Combine Step 1 and the rest of the ingredients to make hamburger patties in a bowl..
- Knead together very well. At this process, try to use only the fingers of your hands to mix the ingredients evenly..
- Spread plastic wrap on a cutting board and round the patties on it. You won't dirty the cutting board if you cover with plastic wrap..
- Slap the patties from step 4 between your palms to eliminate air pockets and shape them into oval shape. Make dents in the middle and brown both sides of the patties on medium heat. Then transfer to a plate. It's fine even the inside is uncooked..
- After frying all the patties, keep the juice in the frying pan, which came out of the patties. Don't discard this..
- Put flour in the pan and roast it on medium heat until the color is golden brown. Keep stirring with a spatula so it doesn't burn..
- Take out the roasted flour from the pan. Stir fry the ★ ingredients with 1 tablespoon of butter until wilted. When the vegetables are wilted, add the roasted flour to the pan and mix well..
- Add water a little at a time to dissolve. Add ground soup stock cube, Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, ketchup and the juice from Step 6 and bring to a boil..
- Add the hamburger and stew for about 10 – 15 minutes in between medium heat and low heat to cook through the hamburgers, then it is done..
- Garnish with parsley, boiled egg or boiled vegetables! You can freeze it if you made a lot ! To defrost, add a little bit of sake and warm in a pan..
I just saw this on sale and decided to try it since I was planning to make hamburger steak. … Stewed hamburger steak is easier to make than ordinary hamburger steak since you don't have to make sauce separately and you don't have to worry about the doneness. Shape ground beef into four hamburger steaks (about ½ inch thick). Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove steaks to a plate and set aside (do not worry if they are cooked through, they will finish cooking in the gravy). Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.