Mike's Military SOS Gravy Thick Toast & Corn Beef Hash. Great recipe for Mike's Military SOS Gravy Thick Toast & Corn Beef Hash. Being the adoptive foster daughter of a Master Sergeant – she decided upon. When the white sauce was thick and gravy-like, the dried sliced beef and pepper was added.
Gonna have to try this in my kitchen. Hope everyone loves it as much as I do and did. Thanks again and keep those recipes coming!!! You can cook Mike's Military SOS Gravy Thick Toast & Corn Beef Hash using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Military SOS Gravy Thick Toast & Corn Beef Hash
- It’s of ● For The Meats & Veggies.
- You need 16 oz of 90/10 Hamburger Meat.
- Prepare 12 oz of Lean Sausage Meat.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped White Onions.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Green Onions.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of ● For The White Gravy [whisk constantly].
- It’s 1 (2.5 oz) of Package McCormick Pepper Country Gravy.
- You need 1 (2.5 oz) of Package McCormick Sausage Country Gravy.
- You need 4 Cups of Whole Milk [pkg will call for water but go with milk].
- Prepare of ● For The Breads [well toasted].
- It’s of Thick Sliced Texas Toast.
- It’s of ● For The Starches.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz) of Cans Corn Beef Hash [+ 2 tbsp butter].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Green Onions.
- It’s of ● For The Protiens.
- Prepare 1 of LG Egg Per Serving [fried over easy].
Terry (Ted) Slowly stream in milk and whisk until thick. This might take a few minutes to get the gravy as thick as you like. Add cooked beef and onion to the white gravy mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mike's Military SOS Gravy Thick Toast & Corn Beef Hash step by step
- Here's the majority of what you'll need..
- Peppered & Sausage Gravy pictured. A great brand..
- Thick sliced Texas Toast bread pictured. Toast well..
- Boil your gravy. Whisk constantly..
- Add gravy to meat mixture and heat.
- Fry your hash with 2 tbsp butter until crispy on one sides..
- Enjoy with an over easy egg on your hash..
Feel free to add more flavor by sprinkling in crushed red pepper, garlic powder or fresh herbs. Later, My late husband, and father-in-law, were in the Korean war where again SOS was chipped beef on toast. The Gulf war years was still in the chipped beef on toast mode when my twin boys served their country. Always better with some garlic added. Pour the SOS over a pile of hashbrowns, then put a couple of over-easy eggs on top of that.