Pizza dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. You can cook Pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 Tsp of yeast.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of warm water.
- You need 1 Tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of oil, margarine or butter.
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil.
Pizza dough step by step
- In a cup dissolve the yeast in the warm water and wait for 10 minutes for it to look foamy this means its good to use.
- In a bowl add the flour and add the salt,sugar rub in the oil margarine.
- Make a well at the center of the flour and gradually add the yeast water while kneading to form a dough.
- Hard knead the dough on a flat surface till soft.
- Make the dough into a ball and oil it.
- Put it in a bowl and cover with a damp towel and place it.in a warm place.
- Let it rise and double this take about one hour.divide the dough into two balls and make two pizzas.
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.