Vegan pizza. Papa John's believes pizza is for everyone, including those with a vegan diet! Better ingredients, Better pizza, and better options for those that prefer an animal product-free pizza. This vegan pizza with mushrooms, olives, and green pepper, has a delicious crunchy crust and is topped with oregano and pepper flakes.
In the past with dairy pizzas, I have used wheat berries and ground the whole wheat flour right before using. Topped with vegan cheese, this margherita pizza is as classic as it gets. Daiya is known (and loved) for their vegan cheese. You can have Vegan pizza using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan pizza
- You need of pizza:.
- Prepare of pizza crust dough.
- You need 1/2 C of each of red, green, orange bell peppers, loosely chopped.
- You need 1/3 C of red onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 C of mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each of dried or fresh basil, oregano, & garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare of sauce:.
- You need 1-15 oz of can tomato sauce or 6oz tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of each dried or fresh basil, oregano, garlic powder, sugar.
- You need to taste of sea salt.
- It’s of toppings.
- It’s 1/2 C of vegan parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 C of vegan Mozzarella cheese (GoVeggie & Daiya are good brands).
Find the best Vegan Pizza near you on Yelp – see all Vegan Pizza open now and reserve an open table. Vegan Pizza even sold Go Max Go chocolate (a delicious rarity for vegan chocolate bar lovers). Definitely worth the drive from San Diego and I will moat certainly be returning! Carine used a thin sprouted pizza base and topped it with fried black beans, red onions, grilled corn, salsa sauce, and coconut yogurt.
Vegan pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and position a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring large Skillet to medium Heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil, onion and peppers. Seasoned with salt herbs and stir. Cook until soft and slightly charred, about 10 to 15 minutes adding the mushrooms in the last few minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce by adding tomato sauce to a mixing bowl and adding seasonings and salt to taste. Adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside. Note: if using tomato paste and water to thin until desired consistency to reach.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface and transfer to a parchment-lined round baking sheet. You're going to have the pizza with parchment directly to the oven to properly crisp the crust, so any round object will do, as it's not actually going into the oven..
- Top with desired amount of tomato sauce you will most likely have leftovers and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and mozzarella and the sautéed veggies..
- Use the baking sheet to gently slide the pizza directly onto the oven rack with parchment underneath otherwise it's going to fall through..
- I baked mine for 15 minutes at 425 so it all depends on your oven I like mine crisp and golden brown on top.
- I always top my pizza with extra parmesan cheese and mozzarella then you can add dried oregano and red pepper flakes after if you'd like. The leftovers keep well..
Compassionate customers can customize their animal-free pizzas to include a new vegan cauliflower crust, dairy-free cheese, and two new plant-based protein options: Yves Veggie Cuisine pepperoni and Field Roast spicy sausage crumbles. Vegan, gluten-free pizzas that are entirely plant-based. A roasted portobello crust, simple tomato sauce, fresh veggies, and vegan parmesan cheese! So healthy, fresh, wholesome, and delicious. Pizza Sauce, Veggies, Mushrooms, Kalamata Olives, Garlic + olive oil for amazing flavor, baked to perfection.