BBQ Chicken Pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. You can have BBQ Chicken Pizza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Prepare 1/2 lb of chicken tenders.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of barbecue sauce (any you like).
- It’s 1 can of Pillsbury classic pizza dough.
- You need 3/4 cup of shredded gouda cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of red onion, sliced thinly.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan). Top with the shaved red onion, slices of BBQ chicken and slices of cheese.
BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and cook any way you prefer. I typically will saute them in a skillet, but you could bake them, or any other method you like :).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. When cooked chicken tenders are cool enough to handle, dice the chicken into small chunks. Toss the diced chicken with a few tablespoons of the barbeque sauce in a bowl and set aside..
- Dust a little flour or cornmeal on a baking sheet and spread out your pizza dough into the pan. I used a rectangle shaped pan, but round works too :).
- Spread the remaining barbeque sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a slight edge unsauced. Sprinkle diced chicken, all three cheeses and red onion onto the pizza..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve!.
- *** If you have a great pizza dough recipe you make yourself… go for it!! Any pizza dough will work well here. I just needed a quick meal one night and a premade one worked :).
Dot the top with extra patches of BBQ sauce. Slide the pizza into a hot pizza oven and bake until the crust is bubbly and. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness.