Greek style home burgers. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce. Written by GreekBoston.com in Authentic Greek Food Recipes, Greek Style Minced Meat Recipes Comments Off on Recipe for Biftekia – Greek Style Burgers. Although these are shaped like hamburgers, they don't taste like them!
Then, when you're ready for leftovers, thaw (if frozen), shape the patties, and cook. This tasty veggie burger recipe is made with quinoa and chickpeas and is filled with your favorite Mediterranean flavors! A yummy vegetarian burger that delicious served with other Greek vegetarian recipes, like my Greek Quinoa Salad, Greek Coleslaw, and Greek Hummus! You can cook Greek style home burgers using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek style home burgers
- It’s 500 g of ground beef 🥩.
- It’s 500 g of ground pork.
- Prepare 1/2 of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 5-10 of mint leafs finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of hard feta shredded.
- Prepare of Salt to your preference.
- You need of Black pepper to your preference.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
It brought me back to my favorite little Greek restaurant from back home. Following previous comments I did add an egg. I also prepared them as meatballs instead of burgers and put them in a pita wrap. For the side dish I made the Greek Style Potatoes I got from this site a couple years ago.
Greek style home burgers step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together but make sure you do not over mix because the burgers will shrink.
- Now make small balls about 6oz and press them to make the patties.
- Now you can fire 🔥 up the bbq and cook them at medium heat.
- Enjoy (καλή όρεξη) 🍔.
This is definitely a make again meal. As your burger heats and the center puffs up, it will rise to fill in the crater instead of pulling the edges in. As a result, the burger will have a smooth top and a diameter that is almost identical to the raw patty that you formed. Click to continue reading Greek Burger with Feta and Tzatziki –> These Ultimate Greek Burgers are virtually guaranteed to become a favorite and you'll be adding them to your burger-making regimen! I absolutely love a good Greek Gyro and Turkish Döner Kebab.