Pizza Siew Pao. Great recipe for Pizza Siew Pao. These are a combination of Chinese (Siew Pao biscuit crust) and Western (pizza!) cuisine. You can put just about anything you like in them, from pepperoni to mushrooms to minced meat.
You can put just about anything you like in them, from pepperoni to mushrooms to minced meat. Its a common dish in Chinese food stalls serve together with chicken rice, duck rice and siew yoke. A nice Char Siew got to have the Char, or a bit dark roasted part of the edge with sweet honey taste. You can cook Pizza Siew Pao using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Siew Pao
- You need of Outer Crust.
- You need 200 grams of all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 75 ml of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 2 of Sausages (or other prefered filling like pepperoni or pineapple-and-chicken).
- Prepare of cheese.
- You need of Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 small of egg (for brushing).
The meat should be half fat, tender, juicy and f. Glutinous Rice Ball in Ginger Soup. Deep Fried Prawn Cruller with Mayonnaise. Steak (Counter Western) Happy Day Steak.
Pizza Siew Pao step by step
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl..
- Rub in the butter with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs..
- Add in milk tablespoon by tablespoon and knead into a rough dough..
- Tip onto floured counter and continue kneading till smooth, adding flour and milk if the dough is too wet or too dry. Be careful not to overwork it..
- Pick out a small piece of dough and, with a rolling pin, roll it out on a flour surface to get a thin circle 8cm in diameter..
- Spread a teaspoon of sauce on the circle of dough, then place sausage (or other fillings) and cheese..
- Seal the dough closed with wei fingertips. Twist the top a little so that it stays sealed..
- Brush the tops with a little egg..
- Bake in preheated oven at 180℃, or until a nice light brown..
Order now and get it delivered to your doorstep with GrabFood. Cha Siu Bao (also spelled as Cha Siu Bao or Char Siew Bao) is one of the signature dishes in dim sum restaurants around the world. Called 叉烧包, or cha shao bao in Chinese, they are a Chinatown classic! Originated from Guangzhou in mainland China, Cha Siu Bao is a delicacy. Serves coffee, pastas, pizza and pastries and wifi is available.