Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes. Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger.
Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper. You can have Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes
- It’s 1 lb of ground meat.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need Half of a box of instant mashed potatoes or make your own.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 of small green onion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of small can sliced mushrooms.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Old fashioned hamburger gravy is a classic recipe that's tasty, versatile and so satisfying! Crumbled ground beef in a thick and creamy gravy made from milk and broth. This is the perfect topping for turning any starch side dish into a mouth-watering entrée. Crumble the ground beef into a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
Hamburger Gravy & Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Brown your ground meat with the green and yellow onion. Drain grease. Return to pan and add in soup and broth. Simmer over medium heat for 20 mins..
- Next add butter, mushrooms, parsley, salt, & pepper. Mix well, then fold in 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream..
- Continue to simmer while preparing the mashed potatoes. When ready, add potatoes to bowl and top with meat sauce! Serve & Enjoy!.
Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain most of the grease, leaving just enough to coat the pan. Mom's Hamburger Gravy Recipe: There are some recipes that take you back to your childhood. For my family these recipes include Tuna Noodle Casserole, Beef Stew, Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole, Salmon Patties and this easy hamburger gravy recipe. Instead of making biscuits and gravy with pork sausage, our mom typically made hamburger gravy since we always had freezer full of beef.