Jamie Oliver's Reverse Puff Pastry Pizza. Jamie Oliver's Reverse Puff Pastry Pizza caught my attention. Or perhaps the word "pizza" made my eyes and mind focus more. Anyway, this recipe is in his cookbook "Veg".
What's great is this dish can be adapted to … Quickly and carefully rub the sides and corners of the pan with oil, then confidently cover the veg with the pastry sheet and tuck in the edges. Gently run a palette knife around the edge of the pastry to loosen, then carefully turn out onto a board. Jamie Oliver's Reverse Puff Pastry Pizza. you.co.uk Anon. loading. You can cook Jamie Oliver's Reverse Puff Pastry Pizza using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamie Oliver's Reverse Puff Pastry Pizza
- Prepare 20 of Cherry Tomatoes Halved, About.
- You need of Leafy Greens (I am using cabbage) Julienned, A Small Handful.
- It’s 1 Handful of Carrots or Zucchini / Eggplant Oblique Cut,.
- It’s 1 Handful of Mushrooms (I am using shiitake) Coarsely Sliced,.
- It’s 1 Handful of Herbs (I am using scallions),.
- It’s 1 Handful of Chili / Bell Peppers Coarsely Sliced,.
- You need Pinch of Dried Mushroom Powder,.
- Prepare 1 of Red Onion,.
- It’s of Canola / Grapeseed / Sunflower Oil, A Drizzle.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic,.
- Prepare 200 g of Store-bought Frozen Vegan Puff Pastry, About.
- You need 1 Handful of Vegan Mozzarella Preferably Emborg,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- You need Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- It’s of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Preferably Alce Nero's, A Drizzle.
- Prepare of Balsamic Glaze Preferably Alce Nero's, A Drizzle.
The world is in lockdown mode during this pandemic, sadly. And almost everyone has lots of vegetable leftovers in the fridge or freezer. There's loads of fun to be had here and is a pretty impressive dish to pull out the oven and serve to friends and family. What's great is this dish can be adapted to seasonal veg so you can really make it anytime of the year!
Jamie Oliver's Reverse Puff Pastry Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Once you have sliced and cut your leftover vegetables, brush the skillet or baking dish or even the baking tray with canola oil or any neutral oil. Add in all the vegetables..
- Quarter the onion and peel them layer by layer. Crush the garlic. Add the onion and garlic into the vegetable mixture. You can use any green herbs you have on hand. I only have scallions, so I will be slicing them coarsely and adding in the white parts only. I will save the green parts for garnishing later..
- Season well with salt, pepper and mushroom powder. Drizzle some more canola oil over the top. Toss to coat everything well. I am just gonna use my hand..
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 40 to 50 mins or until the vegetables are lightly charred, but not burnt. Depending on the size of your skillet/baking dish or tray, 5 mins to baking time, roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 1/8 inch thick. The shape doesn't have to be perfect..
- Carefully, remove the skillet/baking dish or tray from the oven. Fish the garlic out. Remove the flesh from the skins. Return the flesh into the vegetable mixture, distributing them evenly. Scrape the edges with a spatula to loosen the vegetable a bit and also to make space for the puff pastry. Cover the vegetables with the rolled puff pastry..
- Tuck the sides in. Trim off any excess. Do not worry that it doesn't look beautiful at this point. *Be extremely careful, as it is piping hot.* Adjust the temperature of the oven as per the store-bought puff pastry packaging instructions. Wack back into the oven and bake until golden brown..
- Remove from the oven. Run the edges with a knife to loosen the puff pastry. Place a larger board or plate on top of the skillet/baking dish or tray. Carefully and swiftly flip. Give it a light tap..
- The puff pastry pizza should come out beautifully. Immediately, scatter some vegan cheese over the top. Garnish with some herbs, I am using scallions. Drizzle some olive oil and balsamic glaze over the top. Slice and serve immediately..
- To make your own balsamic glaze, simply heat 1 cup of high-quality balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Continue cooking until it has reduced to 1/4 cup or thick and coats the back of a spoon.*.