Mormon Beans. I didn't name them, (even though I'm Mormon I think it's a stupid name) but they are SO GOOD! Mormons are big on keeping food storage, stocking up on things when they are cheap. This recipe can be made from things you have stored, you can even use dehydrated onions, instead of fresh, and canned lima beans, instead of frozen.
So here is a guide to Mormon recipes and Utah food that you're sure to run across in the Beehive State! This yummy pasta and fruit salad is made with Acini de Pepe pasta (the "frog eyes"), pineapple juice and tidbits, mandarin orange slices, and marshmallows. Pour the grain or dry beans on top of the dry ice. You can have Mormon Beans using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mormon Beans
- You need 1 lb of Hamburger.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Bacon.
- You need 1 packages of Smoked Sausage or Polska Kielbasa.
- It’s 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of Pork & Beans, undrained.
- You need 1 can of Lima Beans, undrained.
- It’s 1 can of Kidney Beans, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of Great Northern Beans, undrained.
- You need 1/2 cup of White Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Yellow Mustard.
Place the lid on top of the container and snap it down only about halfway around the container. The partially sealed lid will allow the carbon dioxide gas to escape from the bucket as the dry ice sublimates (changes from a solid to a gas). The very best Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans! This easy recipe is so hearty and filling and just perfect for chilly weather!
Mormon Beans instructions
- Brown meat and onion together.
- When meat is close to being done, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain oil/grease from meat.
- Mix all ingredients together in large oven-safe pot.
- Bake at least 1 hour at 350°F.
- Instead of the oven, you can mix drained meat mixture and all uncooked ingredients in crock pot and slow-cook 4-5 hours.
- Serve with corn bread.
Loaded with three types of beans, bacon, and beef, this family favorite is frequently served up at holiday gatherings, potlucks, and parties and is a must for game day. He was also instrumental in the acquisition of a number of significant properties for the LDS Church, including the Hill Cumorah Despite their humble efforts in trying to connect with the people, the Bean family continued to feel unwelcomed. One of Willard's first efforts was to get a copy of the Book of Mormon onto a shelf of the Palmyra public library, where the librarian and the library council only welcomed anti-Mormon publications. How Much Do You Need to Store? Enter the number of weeks' storage you want, as well as the number of adults and children in your family.