Hamburger Soup. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water. I love hamburger soup so much, because you can add whatever veggies you want: zucchini, green beans, corn, even mushrooms.
A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. You can have Hamburger Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Soup
- Prepare 2 T of EVOO.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, sliced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 of ribs celery, halved lengtgwise abd sliced.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 4 c of beef stock.
- It’s 3 T of coconut flour.
This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. This soup can be made in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top.
Hamburger Soup instructions
- In large skillet heat oil. Cook onion, carrots, pepper and celery stirring until starts soften..
- Add beef and cook 3 min. until barely pink. Add seasoning and salt and cook 1 min..
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in coconut flour and simmer for 10 min. or until veggies are softened..
Follow the first four steps of the recipe, then place the ground beef and vegetable mixture in a crock pot along with the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, potatoes and Italian seasoning. This hamburger soup is a quick meal when you need it, but it tastes like it has been tucked away on the stove for hours. The key ingredient is, of course, hamburger. Brown the hamburger first, and then use the fat released by the meat to cook the vegetables. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat, and crumble in the ground beef.