Pocket burgers. The Pocket Burger Shack is a small hole-in-the-wall burger spot with a hint of Hawaiian and Asian flair. View the online menu of The Pocket Burger Shack and other restaurants in Sunset Beach, California. Please check with the restaurant directly.
If I were at a fair I would want food thats easy to eat while on the go keeping mess to a minimum, so I created this pocket burger. I made pizza dough, my no knead, quick rise dough, and filled with burgers, onions, mushrooms, cheese and a sriracha mayonaise. Triple-decker ground beef chuck Cheeseburgers stuffed with everything but the kitchen sink make for some real good eating at the Pit. You can have Pocket burgers using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pocket burgers
- You need of ———pocket—————-.
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare as needed of all purpose flour for rolling out the pockets.
- Prepare of ———–cheese————–.
- It’s 6 ounces of sliced Swiss cheese.
- Prepare of ————–burger—————–.
- It’s 1-1/2 pounds of ground meat.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s to taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dehydrated onions.
- You need of —————frying—————-.
- Prepare as needed of vegetable oil for pan frying.
In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool. Grilled Watermelon Burgers with Goat Cheese and Charred Orange-Fennel Gremolata. In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic and seasonings; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Cook off bacon until JUST crisp (do not overcook).
Pocket burgers step by step
- Mix the flour, egg, seasoned salt, and water. kneed it for 5 minutes let rest 30 minutes..
- As that is resting mix the ground meat with salt, pepper, and onions. Form into patties..
- Fry the patties till done. Set onto a paper towel to absorb excessive oils..
- Roll the pocket dough into flat disc. i roll these out as thin as possible. I start breaking the big dough ball into 8 golf ball sized balls..
- Place the cheese into the center of each disc..
- Add the patties on top of cheese slice.
- Fold the dough over the entire burger..
- With the oil hot fry the pockets till crispy. Fry folded side down first.
- Move to a fresh paper towel to absorb excessive oils..
- Serve immediately. Hope you enjoy! Use your favorite condiments or eat as is. I served with marinara sauce see recipe for "marinara sauce for pocket burger..
Add these burgers to your holiday menu and get some respect.! So kick back, pour a cold one, crank up the music, and watch the BBQ Pit Boys show you how it's done. Really yummy, less than Lean Pockets size burgers, just in a convenient hand held size for even the smallest of hands. Fun to eat & no fork or knife necessary! Using the EZ Pockets Pan set is what you will need to make these, however.