Stewed Hamburger Steak. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. The Japanese version of Salisbury Steak, Stewed Hamburg Steak is made with a mixture of pork mince (ground pork) and beef mince (ground beef), cooked in a sauce flavoured with tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. We explain "Japanese-Style Stewed Hamburger Steak Bowl Recipe" you can easily cook. "J-Simple Recipes" is the abbreviation for "Japanese Simple Recipes." We explain Japanese recipes you can easily cook, as well as typical meals, foodstuffs and table manners.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion. Stir into hamburger, and simmer until the gravy thickens. You can have Stewed Hamburger Steak using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stewed Hamburger Steak
- It’s of Hamburger patties.
- Prepare 250 grams of Ground combined pork and beef.
- Prepare 3/4 of ▲ Onions.
- It’s 1 of ●Egg.
- You need 80 of to 100 ml ●Milk.
- You need 100 ml of ● Panko.
- Prepare 1 of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 300 of to 350 ml Water.
- It’s 1 of Soup stock cubes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 of ★ Onion (sliced along the grain).
- You need 1 of ★ Mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, or shimeji mushrooms).
Whisk together the eggs, onion, beef base, and pepper in a bowl. Tear the bread into large pieces, and place into the bowl. Let the bread soak for a few seconds and add the ground beef. I just saw this on sale and decided to try it since I was planning to make hamburger steak. … Great recipe for Stewed Hamburger Steak.
Stewed Hamburger Steak instructions
- [Preparation] Mince the onion from ▲ and stir fry in vegetable oil until the color becomes golden brown. Mix all ● ingredients and soften the panko..
- Combine Step 1 and the rest of the ingredients to make hamburger patties in a bowl..
- Knead together very well. At this process, try to use only the fingers of your hands to mix the ingredients evenly..
- Spread plastic wrap on a cutting board and round the patties on it. You won't dirty the cutting board if you cover with plastic wrap..
- Slap the patties from step 4 between your palms to eliminate air pockets and shape them into oval shape. Make dents in the middle and brown both sides of the patties on medium heat. Then transfer to a plate. It's fine even the inside is uncooked..
- After frying all the patties, keep the juice in the frying pan, which came out of the patties. Don't discard this..
- Put flour in the pan and roast it on medium heat until the color is golden brown. Keep stirring with a spatula so it doesn't burn..
- Take out the roasted flour from the pan. Stir fry the ★ ingredients with 1 tablespoon of butter until wilted. When the vegetables are wilted, add the roasted flour to the pan and mix well..
- Add water a little at a time to dissolve. Add ground soup stock cube, Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, ketchup and the juice from Step 6 and bring to a boil..
- Add the hamburger and stew for about 10 – 15 minutes in between medium heat and low heat to cook through the hamburgers, then it is done..
- Garnish with parsley, boiled egg or boiled vegetables! You can freeze it if you made a lot ! To defrost, add a little bit of sake and warm in a pan..
My child doesn't eat so much so I wanted to make a meat dish that my child would love! You can make it with the things you already have at home and kids and also adults like it. It is even a big hit when you serve it to guests! This hamburger steak recipe is seasoned ground beef patties simmered in a savory mushroom sauce. A comfort food classic that makes for the perfect easy dinner option!