Baked Hamburger Steak. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. These oven baked hamburger steaks still keep the crowd pleasing simpleness that normal burgers have, but the twist brings it into a whole new view. By putting the burden of cooking onto the oven, these burgers become even simpler to make than normal burgers that require a close eye to avoid burning.
Hamburger steak is typically served with a starch, such as rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes. Oven Baked Easy Hamburger Steak Recipes, baked low and slow, with options for caramelized onion, mushroom sauce or wine sauce. Ground beef might have the working class reputation when you put it up against the rib eye of the suburbs and the filet mignon of the upper middle class. You can have Baked Hamburger Steak using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Hamburger Steak
- You need 2 of burger patties.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Bistro (brown gravy thickener).
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of steak spice.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (284mL).
- You need 1/2 of white onion sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter (or margarine).
- You need 4 slice of bacon.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove patties from skillet, and set aside. I just saw this on sale and decided to try it since I was planning to make hamburger steak. … When grilling is out of the question, and you don't want to make a mess of your cooktop, this recipe for oven-baked burgers is an ideal choice. And don't worry about dried out patties—a little Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper helps keep the burgers juicy while kicking up the flavor quotient.
Baked Hamburger Steak step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry onion and butter until almost starting to brown.
- Whisk water and Bistro together, mix in steak spice and can of soup.
- In an oven safe dish (i used a metal loaf pan) place the two patties, pour onion mixture over patties, place 2 bacon strips (pre- cooked) over each patty, pour Bistro mixture over dish.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, serve with desired side dishes..
Put the pan back on the heat and add the sliced onions. Most authentic southern recipes are that way. Just easy ingredients brought together to sooth the soul and easily (and cheaply) feed a large family. Hamburger steak and gravy is exactly that way. Just beef, broth, spices onions, and flour.