Bbq chicken pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. You can cook Bbq chicken pizza using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bbq chicken pizza
- You need 2 of Boneless skinless Chicken breasts.
- You need 1 small of onion or red onion.
- Prepare 1 of premade pizza crust, pillsbury or the package ones are fine.
- It’s 1 cup of Barbecue sauce, i like to use bullseye sweet and sticky.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of Brown or yellow sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Basil.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- You need 2 tsp of Oil or margarine to Grease.
Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan). Top with the shaved red onion, slices of BBQ chicken and slices of cheese.
Bbq chicken pizza step by step
- Cut chicken onto small pieces.
- Mince onion into small bits or in chunks as preferred.
- Mix together, barbecue sauce, honey, chili powder, basil and sugar until smooth.
- Spread new sauce on pizza crust.
- Throw remaining sauce in with the chicken and toss so the chicken is covered in sauce.
- Spread chicken on pizza.
- Spread onion on pizza.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake as instructed for the crust and enjoy.
Dot the top with extra patches of BBQ sauce. Slide the pizza into a hot pizza oven and bake until the crust is bubbly and. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness.