Cauliflower Pizza Crust. Recipe by: Alli Shircliff "You will never guess this rich, grain-free pizza crust is made with cauliflower instead of flour. Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings." Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe! In this easy, gluten-free pizza recipe, you're basically making cauliflower rice as base the base for your crust.
How to make cauliflower pizza crust. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full instructions. Otherwise, just place the pizza pan into the oven. You can cook Cauliflower Pizza Crust using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- You need of egg, lightly beaten.
- You need of shredded part skim mozzarella.
- It’s of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of grated cauliflower.
Though cauliflower is a low-carb vegetable, not all cauliflower crust pizzas are keto-friendly. In fact, most store-bought products and restaurant-made cauliflower crusts have around the same amount of net carbs as traditional flour-based pizza. Cauliflower: We'll use a whole head of cauliflower to make this naturally gluten-free pizza crust!; Eggs: Eggs will act like the glue holding our pizza crust together.; Cheese: Cheese not only adds flavor, but helps to make the crust sturdy.; Seasoning: Finish it off with a few pinches of seasoning. I keep it simple with salt, oregano, and garlic.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust step by step
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have 2 cups of cauliflower crumbles..
- Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7-8 minutes, or until soften. Remove and let cool..
- Mix in the egg, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper..
- Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan..
- Spray lightly with non-stick spray and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden..
How to best enjoy this veggie-centric crust? Cauliflower Isn't Complicated Let's Keep It That Way. Switching out your favorite foods for healthier alternatives usually comes with a laundry list of high-carb filler ingredients. But at Cali'flour Foods, the base of all our low-carb, keto-friendly recipes is simple – whole heads of cauliflower, egg whites, and mozzarella cheese. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.