Just like Lou's Chicago deep dish pizza. All Of The Best Chicago Foods From The Chicago Restaurants And Brands You Love! Give A Gift Or Treat Yourself. All Your Chicago Food Favorites Are Here!
Found this recipe online and tweaked it a but. Even used it for one of our pizzas for our World of pizzas Christmas feast. First time I've tried Lou Malnati's Deep Dish. You can have Just like Lou's Chicago deep dish pizza using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Just like Lou's Chicago deep dish pizza
- It’s of crust.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of warm water.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need of pizza toppings.
- You need 2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of pepperoni, veggies, other as desired.
- It’s 1 can of drained diced italian tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
Have been to most all the Chicago pizza places except Lou Malnati's. Craving a taste of home, I heard their pizza is the best so I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe so if I ate it there but the frozen pizza I received is not as tasty as I hoped it would be. Chicago deep-dish pizza, also called Chicago-style pizza, is pizza cooked in a pan instead of a baking tray or pizza peel.
Just like Lou's Chicago deep dish pizza instructions
- Proof yeast in water. Add sugar, and rest of the crust ingredients. Mix well and knead until well combined and elastic..
- Let dough rise 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours. Punch down dough. Dived into two..
- Pat each dough into rounds and press into preheated, well buttered cast iron pans..
- Sprinkle on toppings, in order given, with cheese on dough and tomatoes last. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of everything and bake on the bottom rack at 375 for 30 min..
- Let the pizzas rest for 5 min. Slice and serve. This tastes just like Lou Malnati's in Chicago! Light yet hearty and flavorful crust!.
Due to it being cooked in a pan, diners enjoy a whopping layered concoction that rivals typical pizza in sheer height alone. Craving Chicago pizza, but don't live in Chicago? Well good news — It's super easy to make at home! This Chicago Deep Dish Pizza is without a doubt, the best in the world! With it's flaky, buttery deep dish crust, layers of ooey gooey cheeses and customizable toppings, and a thick layer of the most flavourful tomato sauce — no other pizza compares!