Pepperoni pizza pasta bake. Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, drain well and reserve a large mug of the pasta cooking water. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
Boil pasta according to package, drain and add to a bowl. In your bowl mix pasta, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and seasoning. Cut half of your pepperoni in small pieces and mix into your pasta, add in ½ cup of mozzarella. You can cook Pepperoni pizza pasta bake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
- It’s 16 oz of dry rigatoni pasta.
- You need 1 can (28 oz) of peeled San marzno tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (28 Oz) of tomato puree.
- You need of Pepperoni.
- Prepare of Mozzarella shredded cheese divided.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Basil.
- You need of Oregon.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder or Minced garlic.
- Prepare of 2 cups chicken stock for making in an instant pot only and one cup of water.
- You need of For seasoning they are made to taste a pinch of this a dash of that.
Pour out into your casserole dish and pat down evenly. Since the pasta cooks twice, first on the stovetop and then in the oven, overcooking can be a problem if it boils for too long. Add in the pasta and gently mix until fully coated. Pour the pasta into a casserole dish and cover with the shredded cheese.
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake step by step
- Cook rigatoni’s pasta to box Directions..
- In a big bowl combine all ingredients except the cheese and pepperoni and add the rigatoni pasta,mix… then spary a 13×9 baking dish. pour pasta mixture in baking dish…. crush the tomatoes before topping with some cheese cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 till cheese melts remove from oven add the pepperoni and top it with more cheese place back in oven uncovered till cheese melts..
- NOTES- the tomatoes need to be crushed, I made mine in an pressure cooker so iam not sure where you crush them but you don’t want big tomatoes).
- For cooking in the instant pot- add all ingredient except the cheese and pepperoni… cook for 6 mins under pressure. Spary a 13×9 baking dish After you release the pressure mix it and crush the tomatoes and remove any pasta that burned and stuck to the bottom then add the pasta mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake at 400 till cheese melts remove from oven add the pepperoni and top it with more cheese place back in oven uncovered till cheese melts. top with pepperoni and cheese cook in the oven uncovered at 400 till the pepperoni is done and cheese has melted. This won’t take long as the cheese melts as you put it on just want to brown it some..
- Sever with salad or garlic bread.
- I didn’t have chicken broth so I used 2 bouillon cubes with 2 cups of water..
- Notes- my pasta burned and stuck to the bottom. I recommend not doing this in an instant pot or pressure cooker. My pictures look different because my pressure cooker as an air fryer lid as well so I didn’t need to put mine in the oven, if anyone was wondering why mine looks so different..
Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning and place remaining pepperoni slices on top. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. It's all of the goodness of pepperoni "pizza" flavors, wrapped into a delicious and uber-simple pasta bake. We would always just use pasta, pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce, which was a fabulous start. For a "lighter" version, you could of course sub in some turkey pepperoni, whole.