Extra- Crispy Tortilla Pizza. Bar pies are the pizza for those who love thin crusts, and while making them from scratch is doable, sometimes you just need that pizza NOW. Bar pies are the ideal pizza for those who love thin crusts, and while making them from scratch is doable, sometimes you just need that pizza NOW. Great recipe for Extra- Crispy Tortilla Pizza.
Normally to make pizza you start off by making a pizza dough which you need to make, knead, let rise and then bake, all of which takes time so using an already made tortilla is quicker and easier! Using the tortilla for the crust gives you a really nice. G/O Media may get a commission. You can cook Extra- Crispy Tortilla Pizza using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Extra- Crispy Tortilla Pizza
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 large of flour tortilla that just fits inside your cast iron skillet.
- It’s 1/2 cup of store – bought or homemade pizza sauce.
- You need 3 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 2 oz of grated parmesan cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced yellow onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced green bell pepper.
- You need 3 oz of italian sausage, cooked.
- It’s 2 oz of thinly sliced pepperoni.
Crispy browned crust , SO much cheesy goodness , and results that taste like you're eating a flatbread pizza rather than a flour tortilla! Pour the sauce, starting in the center and work outwards; spread remaining half of cheese over the tortilla. Remove the preheated pizza pan from the oven and carefully transfer the prepped tortilla to its center. Transfer baked pizza to plate or board to be cut into fourths.
Extra- Crispy Tortilla Pizza instructions
- Adjust oven rack to 6 to 8 inches below broiler element and preheat broiler to high. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Turn off heat and wipe out excess oil with paper towel..
- Place tortilla in skillet with the rougher textured – side facing down. Spread sauce evenly over tortilla all the way to the edges. Spread mozzarella and half of parmesan evenly over tortilla all the way to the edges. Sprinkle with onion and bell pepper. Lay pepperoni and sausage chunks over pizza..
- Place skillet under broiler and broil until cheese is melted and starting to brown in spots, 2-4 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese..
- Set pan on stove top and turn heat on medium to cook the bottom to brown and crispy. Using a small spatula, gently pry edges of pizza, releasing the cheese from the skillet. Slide pizza out onto cutting board. Cut and serve immediately..
Heat the skillet, add your flour tortilla, spread on the sauce, add your cheese(s) and toppings, and finish the pizza in the oven. The result: super crispy, cheesy edges and a crispy pizza perfect. A flour tortilla forms the crust of this pizza topped with chicken, green bell pepper, and onion that's a quick and easy dinner for one. A flour tortilla forms the crust of this pizza topped with chicken, green bell pepper, and onion that's a quick and easy dinner for one.. Extra Crispy this link opens in a new tab; Family Circle this link.