Hamburger Steaks Simmered in Sauce. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! This hamburger steak recipe is seasoned ground beef patties simmered in a savory mushroom sauce.
Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce. I wanted to make hamburger steaks simmered in sauce using ingredients that I always have in stock, so I simplified the recipe. The chopped onions will be quite watery, so squeeze them out well. You can cook Hamburger Steaks Simmered in Sauce using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steaks Simmered in Sauce
- It’s of For the hamburgers (yields 5 large patties).
- It’s 600 grams of Mixed ground beef and pork.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 300 ml of Panko.
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Grated garlic.
- It’s 1 of Beaten egg (large).
- You need 1 dash of ★ Salt and pepper.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It’s 1 can of Demi-glaze sauce (canned, Heinz brand).
- It’s 200 ml of Water.
- You need 1 of cube ☆ Soup stock cubes.
- You need 50 ml of ☆ Red wine.
- It’s 5 tbsp of ☆ Tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 of ☆ Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of ☆ Salt and pepper.
- You need of Accompaniment:.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 dash of Heavy cream.
Great recipe for Homemade Hamburger Steaks Simmered in Demi-glace Sauce. My mother, a chef, taught me this recipe. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking. Be careful not to burn the brown sauce while cooking.
Hamburger Steaks Simmered in Sauce step by step
- Mince the onions, saute until softened, and transfer to a bowl to cool. Soak the panko in milk..
- Mix 1 and the ★ ingredients into the ground meat and thoroughly knead..
- Divide into 5 equal portions once it all sticks together. Remove the air by tossing each ball back and forth like playing catch, and mold into patties. (use 2 and store the rest in the freezer)..
- Heat up oil in a pan, and brown the hamburgers on both sides..
- Add the demi-glaze and water to step to 4, bring to a boil, add ☆ and boil for 20-30 minutes (flip over occasionally)..
- While boiling, peel the carrots, and microwave. Cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and fry with the skins intact..
- Arrange 5 and 6 on a plate, drizzle with fresh cream, and serve..
Cook it until it has developed a pleasant aroma. Hamburger Steaks are an easy comfort food! Tender beef patties are simmered in a flavorful onion gravy and served over mashed potatoes or rice! Add a fresh side salad and some green peas or broccoli to make a complete meal! Ground beef is a dinnertime staple around here for quick and easy recipes from taco casserole to our favorite chili recipe.