Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style. One Pot Hamburger Helper Lasagna – ditch the boxed mix Hamburger Helper and make your own, lasagna style, much healthier and homemade. OK, I hate to admit this but I actually secretly love the Hamburger Helper meals. When I was in college and I lived on my own, I made them quite a bit.
This is easy and quick to make, but so much tastier and better for you than the boxed kind. This recipe is also pretty versatile. You could easily add some mushrooms, zucchini or bell peppers to the dish. You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (16 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- You need 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp. of each dried basil, dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, sugar.
- It’s 8 oz. of uncooked pasta (small variety).
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from : Jocooks.com In a large skillet brown meat, add chopped onion and chopped garlic to skillet. Cook over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Healthy Hamburger Helper Lasagna Skillet, OMG!
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Lasagna Style step by step
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot or deep skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onions and cook, stirring often, until they start to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook just a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned throughout, breaking it up as you cook it. Drain any excess fat if needed. Then stir in the tomato sauce, broth, seasonings and dry pasta. Increase the heat to med-high and allow it to come to a low boil..
- Once at a boil, decrease the heat down to med-low and allow to simmer about 13-15 minutes, or until pasta is fully cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. Be sure to stir often throughout the cook time..
- Once it's done, remove it from the heat and let it sit for about 3 minutes. Then stir in half of each cheese. Once it's incorporated, top with the additional mozzarella and parmesan cheese, then serve and enjoy!.
This dinner is genius: one pot on the stove top with minimal effort for the tastiest homemade lasagna with lots of hidden veggies. Say goodbye to standing in the kitchen tediously layering lasagna, this Healthy Hamburger Helper Lasagna Skillet is a dump in a pot and serve weeknight meal at it's. Homemade Hamburger Helper is sooo much better than the boxed stuff! Made with wholesome ingredients and no scary science-sounding additives this is an easy one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Beef, pasta and a savory sauce all simmered together on the stove.