Lentil and Mushroom Burger. Last month I posted a recipe for Cauliflower Hummus Burgers and this month I'm posting these Lentil Mushroom Burgers because I've decided to do a burger recipe every month this summer. It's like the summer of love, minus the hippies, plus delicious veggie burgers. Print Combine onion mixture, breadcrumbs, mushroom mixture, and egg in a large bowl, stirring well.
The mushrooms yield a beefy flavor but I like to kick it up a notch by mixing steak sauce with mayo to slather on the bun for extra "beefy" flavor. Transfer the onion to a food processor, then add the lentils, oats, and flax egg. Place the lentils in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. You can cook Lentil and Mushroom Burger using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lentil and Mushroom Burger
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 pack of white button mushroom.
- It’s 2 cups of red lentil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal.
- It’s 1/3 cup of spring onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of vegetable seasoning.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of cayenne powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of potato starch.
Blend until the burger batter is almost smooth, but still has some chunks of lentils and mushrooms. Roughly chop the lettuce and divide between the base of each bun. Top with a burger, then the tomato and onion slices. A similar lentil-mushroom burger recipe suggested letting the lentils dry on a cookie sheet, so I'm doing that.
Lentil and Mushroom Burger step by step
- Cook lentil in water over the stove top. Stir ocassionally and let it simmer. Add water if necessary but not too much to avoid it getting mushy. Let it cool..
- Soak flaxseed meal in 2 tablespoon of water..
- Pulse white button mushroom in food processor. Up to your preference, pulse until smooth or leave some chunks..
- Sauté chopped onion until translucent. Add mashed garlic and mushroom. Stir until all the water have evaporated and let it cool..
- Grate carrot in food processor and place in a mixing bowl..
- Mash half of cooked lentil and combine all ingredients in the bowl..
- Shape patties and place in freezer until using..
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins. Flip and bake for another 15 mins..
I'll be using breadcrumbs instead of oats…why don't I have oats in my cupboard? This recipe appears to be the tastiest of all I've seen….more spices, the tomato paste…and the instructions were clearer, particularly. They are super easy to make. Just boil potatoes, and then mash them together with tinned lentils, cooked mushrooms, oats, seeds and spices. There's no egg or dairy in these tasty burgers and you don't need any fancy.