Pizza Dough. Discover Deals on the Pizza You Deserve with Papa Johns®. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find.
This no-rise pizza dough recipe involves mixing a few basic ingredients and patting the dough into the pan. Quick and easy pizza dough, no kneading required. See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. You can cook Pizza Dough using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- You need 622.5 g of Bread Flour (or All-Purpose Flour).
- Prepare 13.5 g of Salt.
- You need 405 g of Water at 110°F (1 3/4 cup).
- You need 2.25 g of Cake Yeast (or 1.5 g Dry Yeast).
- Prepare as needed of Olive Oil,.
Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Want to make your own pizza dough?
Pizza Dough instructions
- Combine flour and salt in a stand mixer bowl, mix bread flour and salt thoroughly..
- CAKE YEAST: Using a thermometer, adjust sink tap until it reaches a temperature of 65 °F. Add water to a new bowl. Add cake yeast and gently stir to combine. ACTIVE YEAST: Using a thermometer, adjust sink tap until it reaches a temperature of 110 °F (45-50 seconds in the microwave). Add water to a new bowl. Add yeast and gently stir to combine. Add a pinch of sugar. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Make a well in the center of the flour. Pour in the water and yeast..
- Using a wooden spoon, mix ingredients together until you have a shaggy, rugged mass of dough..
- In a stand mixer equipped with the dough hook, mix dough on medium speed for about seven and a half minutes, or until the dough has formed a uniform mass and pulls cleanly away from the sides of the bowl..
- Dust your work surface with flour. Turn dough onto the work surface and shape into a ball..
- Ferment dough for 5–8 hours in a covered container..
- Using a scale, divide the dough into 230g portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Pour a dollop of olive oil into the palm of your hand, and lightly roll each ball on the countertop to cover with oil. This helps the dough retain moisture as it rests in the next step..
- Transfer dough to the fridge and chill, uncovered, for 10–30 minutes. Cover with an airtight lid and let rest overnight in the fridge..
- Proof in warm room until dough is relaxed and ready to stretch, about 20 minutes..
- Each pie should be about 36–40 cm (14–15 in) across..
Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil. Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style.